Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimmer

fs9 keeps on crashing

Guest jimmer

hi i was near the end of my flight from dallas to boston i got to boutm 70 miles from boston and fs9 crashed i tryed this flight twice now in 2days trying to complete it but both times it has crashed near boston it seems that my fs9 does not like boston and new york area that muchanyone no what could be causing this thanks in advancejimmer

Guest Keyno-onyeK

Sounds like scenery to me. Find out whats installed in that area, and false=active in your scenery.cfg. Or it could be a Mesh. Again find out what mesh is in that area and try to de-activate it, in your scenery/world/scenery, like Dem76_us_midws.bgl or Dem76_us_midatl.bgl ect...(im using FSGenesis)How can that be? well the file could have been damaged, PC crash ect..

Guest magnum_force

HelloI had this happen on the very same route two times. It turned out to be a damaged file new york bridges v3. (it seems to have fixed it) I redownloaded it off AVSIM and the problem went away.I replaced another file in that area also but I dont think it was the problem.

Guest jimmer

hithanks for your replys what scenery type am i looking for and where abouts would i find itthanks in advancejimmer

Guest jimmer

hii think i no why my fs9 keeps crashing it seems to be while decending into a addon scenery airport for example couple weeks ago i did a flight from kfw to kbos flytampa scenery and when i was approching the airport fs9 crashed and yesterday i was on my decent into cyyz freeware addonscenery on avsim and fs9 crashed again to desktop it seems that it crashes when on decent to any addon scernery but when i crashed over long island i don't no why that happend does anyone think that the addon scenery could be casausing this thanks in advance jimmer

Guest jimmer

yes i have installed sp1 for fs9 could it be that i have ultiamte traffic installed and the sp1 hasnt sussecfully installedcheers jimmer

HelloIts a shame it wasn't an fs9 patch issue.I am sure yours is properly installed because i think it confirms that its when you do it.I know i had a similar problem to yours when i used to do a regular flight to EDDF (Frankfurt)and at exactly the same point in the flight the sim would crash...it drove me nuts,but in my case it was the FS9 patch and installing that solved the problem.On one other occasion when i was having CTD problems i emptied out my Addon scenery folder and that to sorted it for me.(don't know why i did it or why it worked)I have now enjoyed my longest period of no CTDs and regularly create system restore points in case i mess it up again.Hope you get it sorted.Nothing worse than crashes for spoiling your simming.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest kingairvols

HelloI hope my systyem specs show at the bottom of the post here,The reason I am responding is that I have purchased new V-Cards, DDR, and ect and I still have the issues you are mentioning. My problems are in CO however the same frustration is felt. I am taking my PC to a shop this week to have a new Mother Board and a new P 4 chip installed, after that well there really is not much left to do.I dont want to buy a new PC at this time as it seems that the "jury is still out" on what will give FSX the best chance.I did not give you any help, but if I can find the post here after the upgrad I will let you know how it worked out.Take care.Mark. Edit,P 4 2.8 htt3 gig ddrfirst v card is ATI x1600 pro 512, it runs a trinitron 21/20 flat screen tubed monitor and a 19/18 flat screen mitsubishi monitor.The second v-card is a g force nividia fx 5200 at 128 that powers a mitsubishi 18 inch panel.I realize some discusse that two brands of cards wont work out and perhaps that true, all I know is over the past six tears I have always ended up with one of each of the above mentioned brands with out issues but since last Nov 2006 (and yes I have worked my way back with no luck in pointing to the issue(s),).Also I have 2 hard drives both western Dig at 160 gb, my idea is to install FSX on the second HD in an attempt to make sure D/l's go into the correct area.I hope some of this helps. I have been up all night trying anything to see if FS9 will work as I figure the CPU is going to the shop anyway. Why not?

Guest kingairvols

OK maybe tis is a better sum of my CPU,Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel.