Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeMiraglia

Tile Proxy help please

Guest MikeMiraglia

Greetings all. I have been eyeing up some of the screenshots taken with that tile proxy program and they look great. Can someone please help me to get started. Where would I find this addon?Thanks,Mike

Guest Ken_Verga

First go to the tileproxy forum here at avsim.

Then check out the opening post in that forum. You will find the download link there.Then install it and read the manual carefully. You don't have to go into the details of how to setup a service though. The .ini file that comes with it is almost ready to go. You just have to fill in some parts, but you can find the answers to that in the forum as well.

Guest Mike_Luchia

I too have tried this but can not figure out from reading the forum what should be added or changed in the ini file. Why is it such a secret as to what should be in there, why wouldn't it just come with a complete ini file in the first place?

Guest Mike_Luchia

Well I found a complete ini file from a link on the TileProxy support forum, and it seems to be working (or at least loading) but man is it taking forever or what! I guess patience is the key. I would recommend to the author to put a not in his manual that loading of textures takes a while, and to be patient. The key to get mne to continue is to disable the antivirus program. I can't tell you how many times I have been shutting this off because it seemed locked up at 29 percent and I assumed it wasn't working.