Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jayviator

Trouble with my Fokker 50

Guest Jayviator

Hi, i downloaded dreamwings Fokker 50 (and a repaint for VLM airlines) and then i needed a panel for it, i was only able to find one at fokker 50 panel project, so i got that, then got the most recent update and all seemed to be ok (once i figured how to start the engines!) but i soon discovered whenever i try and use the map or GPS it causes major glitches, ie the primary flight display goes a bizzare colour (changes from bright yellow to beige) or the screen goes black then i get the microsoft flight simulator error message and i have to restart it.I dont know if this is a problem with the aircraft or the panel, i think its probably the panel and it seems that the person who does the panel project has disapeared because there has been no updates to the page for about 3 years and i cannot get a email through.If anyone can help me with this i would be very gratefull as i really want to fly the F50 as its part of my mission to have every type of aircraft (and the airlines that use those particular types) that operates out of my local airport (Eastleigh/Southampton intl) and the Fokker 50 occasionly operates from here to Brussels (on lease to Flybe from VLM) just for fun here is my current list of aircraft i fly from EastleighMy vintage 80's set (this is when i remeber the airport when i was a kid and i spent all my time down the airport, it was a much freindlier place back then, and the planes had more character!Fokker F-27 srs 200 and 500 in old mid and last Air UK liveryHPR7 Herald in old Air UK livery (have a problem with the VSI gauge on that but I'll do a sepearte post)HS 748 British airways landor liveryAurigny shorts 330 or 360 (i cant remeber which one has the single tail!) Aurigny Trislander G-JOEY which still operates from here! (missing props for some reason)Bristol 170 Instone airlinesAir Atlantique DC3 ( i still find it amazing that we had such a vintage aircraft operating frequently out of our airport!) i could only find the air atlantique new livery, if anyone knows where i can find the livery used in the 80s please tell!Vickers Viscount in British air ferries and Guernsey airlinesplus i download eastleigh airport 80s scenery, and its pretty accurate!Now for my modern onesDash 8 q400 flybe (common as muck here!)EMB 195 Flybe (the most modern type to use our airport)ERJ 145 Flybe (in british airways colours) BAE 146 300 Flybe (mansion logo jet, looks pretty cool!)Dornier 328 Scot airlinesATR 72 Air France and Air ArranCRJ 200 Air france/Britair and Austrian arrows (the air france one is a bit inacurate as someone reprogramed it to be a srs 100, which is correct as thats what Air france has, but they didnt get rid of the second radio antenae ( i think thats what it is) only the srs 200 has the second one, oh well, cant expect perfection i suppose!)DH Twin otter scilly isles skybus old and new livery (the old one is much more coloufull!)BAE Jetstream 41 Eastern airlines (old livery)Saab 2000 Eastern airlines (old livery)And finnaly a 737 in Thompsonfly colours (does charter flights to Palma)and thats that!

Guest ThrottleUp

Highly doubtful its the aircraft but to make sure you can just stick a copy of the Cessna 172 panel in the F50 panel folder (rename the original) and then call up the GPS when you have the Cessna panel running. You will prob find theres no problem.As for the panel you can narrow it down by commenting out the gauge/s that you suspect are causing the problem. I suspect strongly that it is a gauge on the F50 panel. Backup your F50 panel.cfg, then open and look for the PFD display for example and comment it out using switches like this: // Example:gauge12=Fokker_50_PrimnaryFlightDisplay <---ENABLED//gauge12=Fokker_50_PrimnaryFlightDisplay <---DISABLEDFor a start you can comment out all the displays. Now load the sim and then load the GPS etc etc. To enable just remove the // Its a bit of a pain but might help narrow down the source of the problem and its the method I used to find a problem on an A320 panel. Another Avsimmer is sure to pop on here with a suggestion Im sure!An easier way is to buy the excellent FSPanel Studio - you just drag gauges around with the mouse and it automatically backs up after every change. Highly highly recommended and you will wonder how you did without it.

Guest Jayviator

Thanks, i checked the panel cfg and coulndt find any // to comment out. loks like I'll have to fly without map or gps! as it seems to work fine if i dont use them!Thanks agin for trying

You might like to have a look at this installation guide for the Dreamwings Fokker F50 and Fokker Project Panel. Available at Avsim.com.dreamwings_fokker_f50.zipB

Supporter.png

John

I had similar problems along with a lot of other people. In my case, I found the problem had to do with the F50's EASI & EHSI. I tried changing these with ones from other a/c, but could not find ones that I liked. When I remembered that I had Reality XP's JetLine 2 gauges, I tried them, and ever since I have had no problems with crashes etc. You might be able to find gauges in your hanger that will work, but the price of the RXP gauges vs your time.....well only you can determine that. Besides the gauges will work for many a/c.Hope this helps!Rick

Hi,Try to disable the night lighting (2 gauges if I recall correctly)They have given a lot of problems.If you have the Flight1 ATR72, you might consider using that panel for the Fokker 50 (2D only)Since the Fokker 50 and ATR72 are regarding weight and performance nearly the same, you can use the ATR flightmodel too.Fokker 50 using ATR panelEHAM-Night2.jpg

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Looking nice!In the past I used the RXP FlightLine 2 gauges for both EADI and EHSI.If you like you still can use the ISGSIM EADI by setting the original EADI to -200, -200, x,x for example.It still is on the pnael but not visible anymore.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest Jayviator

Hi, thanks for the replies, unfortunatley i dont really underdstand what you are saying downlaoding plamnes is the limit of my ability to adding stuff to my flight sim! all the ISGSIM EADI setting EADI to -200 rxp flightline gauges are way above my head! thanks for trying though, i havnt tried to fly my fokker 50n for a while now i tried an fw days ago and it still has a glitch, only i dont get a microsoft error report now, ussualy sometime into the sim, usslay aftyert ivce taxied to the runway suddenlyh the screen goes black then the flight sim dissapers back to my desktop!

Guest mikealpha

Jayviator,the Fokker 50 is known to crash in FS2004 because of the HSI (which was originally developed for FS2002). So the only chance you have to avoid these crashes are replacing the HSI with a third party HSI.Chances are the Reality-XP gauges or the ISGSIM gauges or any other suitable HSI you might find. I'm sure if you inform what you want to do, someone can provide a modified panel.cfg. I could send you one for the ISGSIM solution, if you want.Mike

Guest Jayviator

Sorry im finding these gauge things a bit baffling! are these gauges that i download? as i mentioned im not really an expert at downloading stuff to my flight sim, i can download planes and panels but ive never download a individual gauge for a panel before, i would imagine that involves doing something with the panel cfg? what is ISGSIM gauge? and is it the same as a fokker 50 gauge, as i only want the most realistic panel for my planes, i couldnt be happy flying a F50 with a ATR cockpit! is it easy to alter the cfg?thanks againJay

Guest mikealpha

The ISGSIM are payware third party gauges. What you get are not only HSI and other stuff, but also an FMS system. They work very reliable, are based on the latest Navdata AIRAC and can be used in any plane of your choice.Pictures and info of HSI/FMS and info how to buy are here :http://www.isgsim.com/?page=ehsihttp://www.isgsim.com/?page=fmsSince some Fokker 50 are equipped with a very similar FMS, I decided to use them in Espens F50. Here a picture of a real F50 with this unit :http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1149779/L/However, these gauges have to be installed in your panel.cfg. It is all described in the ISGSIM manual, but it is not easy to install. Hence my offer to send you my panel.cfg ready to use.Mike

Hi Mike,Can you send me your modified panel.cfg?I've got the ISGSIM gauges as well and would like to try them on the original Fokker panel.mail {at} ewdrenth {dot} eu

Guest Jayviator

Thanks, if you could send me you panel cfg i woul;d be most appreciative, does that mean that i only have to delete the old panel and replace it with you one? do i have to buy the gauges in order for them to work with your panel cfg?Jay