Sign in to follow this  
MeatWater

Navigraph - printing charts is a real P.I.T.A.

Has anyone tried using their "new" and hillariously announced "bulk-printing" feature? It's a joke and it goes like this:You select a number of charts to be printed out, let's say 16 charts. Now what would make sense and what even freeware-software is capeable of doing does NOT happen here. Navigraph - instead of bundling these 16 documents - sends 16 single pages to the printer, opening 16 dialogues and not allowing the user to print them in duplex-mode or to define any other page format than the default (it would have to be assigned seperately for *each* single page). You will agree that this is really outrageous and utterly annoying.If anyone of Navigraph should read this here, please see to it that this nonsense gets fixed as soon as possible. Take a look at how Flitestar handles this.-------------------Nick SchregerMeatWater

It's way worse than that! I installed nDAC on my Win2K machine and I can't believe it but it trashed my OS installation, which had been flawlessly trouble free for many moons. The installation of nDAC prompted some error messages, then progressively more deterioration ensued, to the point of me thinking OMG, did I take on a virus?! Long and short of it was I needed to reinstall overtop of my former install and luckily, all was back to baseline in about 3 hours of work. Never will I install nDAC again, on this machine. They were gracious and offered to help, but in the end (that would be after about 2 email exchanges) they seemed to lose interest in the situation and I have not heard back from them, citing they had never heard of such a problem. I am certain, beyond a doubt, that nDAC installation did this on my machine. It may have had issues with some 3rd party components perhaps, but even so, it was a truly damaging installation routine.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi,I use NDAC for almost a year now and are happy with it, i.e. no strange things happening.I wonder why it crashed your system because it is a normal .NET application requiring only the .NET framework and nothing more as far as I can tell.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hi,Maybe this will work (just a guess, haven't tried it)Bulk print it first to a PDF document and then print the PDF to printer.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I've got the latest nDAC installed but have never seen any bulk print facility, only the choice of printing thecharts one at a time either to paper or PDF document.Could someone tell me where this bult printing facility is?Thanks

Hi I use Navigraph and never had a problem with it .. althou i have not seen or used the bulk printing option . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Never used Navigraph, but I have a pdf printer set up and often just print to pdf instead. Then I can merge or adjust the pdfs as desired before hard printing (normally 2 charts per page side for me).scott s..

Guys,what's the point in writing that you never had problems with nDAC as you don't use the bulk printing function (call that a "function!") when *that* is the component causing troubles? I too don't have any issues with nDAC apart from that. Spooky that it managed to scre* up a Win2K installation though.It's also sad that one must use workarounds (PDF printers etc.) in order to use a software in a way it is meant to be used.Printing charts is a basic thing, not really too much to ask for. Heya Navigraph-People, don't just make your software *look* like a professional tool - make it work.

>>Guys,>>what's the point in writing that you never had problems with>nDAC as you don't use the bulk printing functionI guess we were trying to help you.But hey...... have fun solving your problem.

>>Guys,>>what's the point in writing that you never had problems with>nDAC as you don't use the bulk printing function (call that a>"function!") when *that* is the component causing troubles? I>too don't have any issues with nDAC apart from that. Spooky>that it managed to scre* up a Win2K installation though.>>It's also sad that one must use workarounds (PDF printers>etc.) in order to use a software in a way it is meant to be>used.>>Printing charts is a basic thing, not really too much to ask>for. Heya Navigraph-People, don't just make your software>*look* like a professional tool - make it work.Yes, spooky indeed. I do believe Stephen when he said they had no troubles with the W2K testbeds, but there is no question in my mind the installation led to low level damage in this machine. The thing was finished off beyond salvation short of a reinstallation when I took his advise and tried to reinstall nDAC again, this time adding a command line tweak he recommended first. Same error message popped up, then with subsequent reboots, various and sundry low level *spooky* things began happening such as email in my Outlook inbox would not open, and some would, then, and get this, I could not copy files any longer: I could select and copy, then when I tried to paste, nothing would happen. Internet Explorer would no longer open. He suggested installing Firefox, which I could do only because he sent me an installation link as I had no way to browse, but could connect to the web no problem. Fortunately, I could boot up always so the W2K CD proved a complete cure. Been many years since something like this has happened to any system I have used. Too bad too because I purchased a bunch of credits in the hopes of using nDAC.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

>>>>Guys,>>>>what's the point in writing that you never had problems with>>nDAC as you don't use the bulk printing function>>I guess we were trying to help you.>But hey...... have fun solving your problem.I guess you just got me wrong. It's just that I can't understand how something so basic is beeing left aside by the devs.Nick-------------------MeatWater