Sign in to follow this  
Scott434

Airliner XP A320

AirlinerXP is up-front about this. The statements I quoted are on its website. If people can't be bothered to read the site fully then that's their problem.You only refer to part of the quote and ignore the part about forward-looking statements.Although you may not like them, this thread alone gives an indication why suich statements are needed. AirbusXP has not released a product, has not taken any money from anyone and yet it is being questioned as if it had done something wrong.Also, I recall other threads following the release of new add-ons full of complaints because every little detail was not accurately modelled to some individual's satisfaction. In one thread a poster said he'd instructed his laywers to initiate a class action against a developer. (Don't laugh - there are people out there who are so detached from reality.) No developer can put out a $50 package that models an aircraft and its systems precisely in every respect. Most people realise that, but a few don't so developers sensibly protect themselves against the latter. For the avoidance of doubt, I have no connection with any developer nor ever have had.

>Good points, Scott. Keep in mind, though, that all 3 of the>companies have proven track records ;) Dreamfleet, RealityXP>and FlightScenery -- all 3 are TOP notch in the FS community. >Though, even with their good track record, they ARE doing>something new and I can see where you would hesitate a bit at>first. Understandable! I personally have faith that they>will knock our socks off but I know all 3 of the individuals>better than most. :)I hope you are right and likely you are. Delivering on their content promises along with a stable well tested and well supported title will win my purchase. Short of that ... Cheers, Scott

Guest MikeMiraglia

It seems that this topic is due for some agreement amongst us. Can we all at lest agree that we have plenty to keep us busy while waiting for the A320? With the PMDG 747 and LDS 767 in my hangar, I think I will be okay for awhile.

Guest crasher

Hello Scott, It is common to keep reading in the forums "Where is this program? When will it be ready?Why can`t you tell us when we can have it? I am not getting at you personally but I for one get fed up with the constant demands that the developers do something. All those out there who behave like this BE PATIENT,YOU AIN`T GOING TO GET IT ANY QUICKER! All good things are worth a wait,don`t you have something more constructive to say. I assume you are all under 12. Alan

.>>Good points, Scott. Keep in mind, though, that all 3 of the>companies have proven track records ;) Dreamfleet, RealityXP>and FlightScenery -- all 3 are TOP notch in the FS community. >Though, even with their good track record, they ARE doing>something new and I can see where you would hesitate a bit at>first. Understandable! I personally have faith that they>will knock our socks off but I know all 3 of the individuals>better than most. :)>The only thing top notch about Flightscenery is the product, vauchez has put it out to pasture and left you to defend the non existent customer support. I feel bad for you Jeff, vauchez has abandonded his product and left you to deal with the aftermath. What ever happened to that free FSX upgrade that was supposed to be out almost 10 months ago ? What about people that have problems, or the missing night textures ? vauchez doesn't even appear to visit his forum, let alone answer questions or fix some small issues.This is not a slam against you Jeff, again, I feel bad for you, and you appear to do the best anybody left in your position could do.

>The only thing top notch about Flightscenery is the product,>vauchez has put it out to pasture and left you to defend the>non existent >customer support. I feel bad for you Jeff, vauchez has>abandonded his product and left you to deal with the>aftermath. What ever happened to that free FSX upgrade that>was supposed to be out almost 10 months ago ? >What about people that have problems, or the missing night>textures ? >vauchez doesn't even appear to visit his forum, let alone>answer questions or fix some small issues.>This is not a slam against you Jeff, again, I feel bad for>you, and you appear to do the best anybody left in your>position could do.Yes I would like to second 'Pavo's praises. Jeff you must have the patience of 'Jobe'.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I support Airliner XP's efforts, and I wish the ill person well :)Please release an FS9 version of the A340, even if it takes another year :)

Sme posters here do remind me of my children when they were young: "is it my birthday yet daddy?...why can't Christmas come sooner daddy? etc, etc..."

>Sme posters here do remind me of my children when they were>young: "is it my birthday yet daddy?...why can't Christmas>come sooner daddy? etc, etc..."...And some posters can't even spell.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I can speel - I just can't type!

Only joking.........;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest weeniemcween

neil0311 said something on the flightscenery forums, the context was people complaining that there is no information regarding the portland fsx update. I can't say it better myself, so quote:"It seems that the major parties involved in this Airliner XP endeavor have ignored their previous customers who were the source of their initial successes. The ironic thing is that some (of course not all) of the customers who made Dreamfleet, Reality XP, and FlightScenery successful have little or no interest in airliners and are mainly GA pilots. As Dan said, they're free to do what they want, but a little information would be appreciated and would be common courtesy."

I can't help it respond to this tripe. As for how long it should take or will take, I can't speculate. Fact is, someone was ill, and you guys should be more respectful that this individual was in the hospital. How selfish can you be that you don't even accept that? The details of this illness weren't revealed for matters of privacy, and they shouldn't be, but how do you know this illness hasn't had a protracted effect on their overall ability to function daily? Think about it. As someone who worked in health care and learned a lot over the years about medicine, and now dealing with my own chronic health problems, I can tell you it can be tough even getting out of bed. Have a little sympathy and give these developers the benefit of the doubt on this. The work we've seen from them is wonderful, but we aren't entitled to it are we?DF, RXP, and FS have made some excellent products that are to be considered the best in the payware class. I owned the DF 737-400 in FS2002 and loved it. I also own almost all RXP products and a couple other DF planes that work perfectly. Yes, DF focuses primarily on GA, but just as their 737 was an airliner, so is the 727 they have out in FS9.Truth be told, I can think of a litany of past projects that developers haven't held up their end of the bargain with. Very few actually hold these developers responsible for their abandonment of paid projects or willingness to allow some bugs to persist. These are "finished" projects that people paid for, as well as some that never saw the light of day for one reason or another. I'm not sure what motivates individuals to complain endlessly for one project and never utter a word for another. All top developers I can think of have left us with imperfect software and/or stated intentions that never came to fruition. It happens, but lets not be selective in our criticisms from now on. This very premature lashing at AXP is an enigma to me so far however.I wonder if this whole attitude towards AXP is simply based on the fact it's the most promising Airbus we've seen to date for FS9/FSX. If you own the Sandel gauges from RXP, then you know what this kind of technology can do in FS. The TAWS from RXP is the best example. That gauge is providing real-time terrain information it pulls directly from FS and displays the data perfectly as one can get in MSFS. You plug that gauge into any plane and you won't see any drop in FPS. For a gauge or any software to read terrain data and display it that way in FS without effecting performance is amazing. Both Sandels are the kind of software we'd expect performance loss with, but not in this case. Now, imagine that as a complete plane. I can see why everyone is so anxious for it, but this is programming and it's tedious. A lot goes into a plane with such complex functioning. I really think some patience is needed here. I'm not trying to provide excuses, but just stating some things you need to keep in mind. Speaking of things to keep in mind, DF has historically NOT revealed any major information or screen shots on any project until very close to release in the last phases of beta. That is the way DF works. So, for all you know this plane is very close to completion. You will always be speculating on the progress unless informed otherwise. So, no sense in working yourself into a tizzy over the AXP Airbus.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired