Sign in to follow this  
Scott434

Airliner XP A320

>>I wonder if this whole attitude towards AXP is simply based on>the fact it's the most promising Airbus we've seen to date for>FS9/FSX. >Daddy says to the young boy, "Son, that new bicycle you have wanted for the last couple of years is on sale and your mother and I have decided that we are going to get it for you shortly". Boy jumps up and down, can't sleep out shear anticipation.A very very long tme passes. Boy asks "Daddy when I am I going to get my new bike. I'm so excited I cant wait". "Soon son, very soon" the Dad replies.A year passes and the boy says "Daddy how long is very soon?"...Human nature really. Not anything to blow out of proportion. I am sure no one is disrespecing anyones health.Cheers,Scott

Guest weeniemcween

Yeah, seriously. Your missing the point, Chris. As far as portland goes, a simple note on the forums takes what, 5 seconds. The fsx update was an advertisement of the package after all. It's just not professional. Same deal with the folks over at horizon simulations taking god knows how long to deliver features which are actually printed on the box and on their website. That's just plain illegal; glad I didn't spend a bundle on that.Concerning realityxp, all of us over in the fsx camp have been sitting with our thumbs you know where waiting for some decent garmin simulations and their other high quality gauges from fs9, like the weather radar. Their shpiel is that the airlinerxp product will have the nice side effect of making their coding compatible with fsx, so the realityxp gauges will follow (and Dreamfleet's planes are of course merged with them). Now this does not make marketing sense to me - it seems like putting all your eggs in one basket as well as putting off former customers. Why not concentrate on the gauges first (and for flightscenery's part, the portland update which was promised) since everyone is itching for them.Yes it will be great to have a quality airbus finally but this total commitment to the project is bound to annoy their customer base since dreamfleet is most popular to my knowledge for their bonanza, baron, and now archer III; flightscenery did sceneries which shine primarily in VFR; and realityxp did amazing work that was geared mostly towards GA retrofits. The demand is so high right now for those gauges in fsx I just don't get it.

Guest woottsbj25

I wish some people would at least try to grow up and not act like they were 5.>Why not concentrate on the gauges first>(and for flightscenery's part, the portland update which was>promised) since everyone is itching for them.Because then they'd get even more people who don't know the meaning of the word "maturity" complaining about the lack of the A320.

Guest Oneworld

But you have to addmit is been ages now since when they first announced the project back in Jan 2007.They say that they do not want to show screenshots because of other devlopers..but thats not really our problem.

Guest woottsbj25

>But you have to addmit is been ages now since when they first>announced the project back in Jan 2007.That's true, but I don't see your point... it's been a fair while, yes, and of course we all want the thing, but I still don't understand what you're trying to say? AXP are working their hardest to put the aircraft together in the best way possible, in as short a time as they realistically can. The team have had problems, both personally and within the development, and I find it downright rude and disrespectful to continually "hurry" them, and to almost tell them off for not releasing it when they said they would, for these circumstances. If they'd got so far, put out a release date and then sacked the whole project for no apparent reason, it'd be right to be slightly annoyed, but I certainly can't see any evidence of that happening, and for personal reasons like there have been it's not right at all.They put out a tentative release date for last June, however, they had it covered by their disclaimers, and if you can't be bothered to read their site then that's your problem. They didn't meet that release date, not because they couldn't be bothered to put the work in, or their customer support is terrible, but because they physically couldn't put the work in due to personal reasons, and I see nothing wrong with that at all. Yes, it might be a little annoing for some of us, you might think to yourself "man, I really want this thing to come out," but please don't be downright rude and shoot the team for it. That's just not right.As for their customer support, well, so far it's been the best customer support I've ever seen from any add-on developer. In the development process, they've listened to what people have to say and not just got annoyed and blanked them out, like I've seen happen with many other developers. And, while people constantly requesting screenshots, release dates, faster work etc is annoying and should be dealt with, they've done it in as calm a manner as possible and responded to each request in a civil, polite manner without any disruption. This is what, so far, has set them apart from the rest for me.Of course, things could all change once the product is released, but somehow I just don't see that happening.So could we please just stop complaining and let the team get on with developement? The more they are reading this stuff and the longer they spend replying to posts over at their forums, the less time they are spending on development, further delaying the release. And we don't want that now, do we?Happy landings :)(and takeoffs too, since they're officially the most dangerous part of flight)EDIT - word change

Guest weeniemcween

Tom,I think it's immature of you to swoop in and undercut everything people say by simply saying they should grow up. It's also immature to conduct a business where you sell and promise things and then don't have the courtesy to address your customers as to when those things might be available (their being delayed at all due to personal reasons is another story, that's not what bothers me and others and would be insensitive to be mad about, if you can appreciate the distinction). When one takes people's hard-earned money, one should be prepared to act professional, to do what is reasonably expected regardless of personal issues, one of the definitions of professional - again, all that means here is a few words to the customers, no more no less.Clearly I'm of a different opinion than a number of the disgruntled because I don't mind waiting for the airbus, although I do agree they should be kept a little more informed. Still, most of airlinerxp's former customers are GA enthusiasts, so putting GA products on the backburner is a bit strange. They're branching out to the PMDG and Flight1 endorsed areas, yes, but you'd think that keeping former customers happy would be their first priority. Also when fs developers have grandiose marketing, polished websites, and big boy prices (as I'm guessing the airlinerxp will have), potential and past customers will treat the company as a company and not a cottage industry. The flightscenery portland and to a much lesser extent but still because it's part of the marketing the dreamfleet archer III fsx updates, what is the plan concerning them? The answer about the latter is pretty obvious, since it uses realityxp gauges it will have to wait until after the airbus is done, unfortunately. And while all the other main developers have updated many of their products to fsx (which is why people are like what's the deal?), dreamfleet is stuck, as are their customers who have moved to fsx which is primarily a GA platform. The former portland update should have been done before the airlinerxp began, since it was a former commitment. At least now we should be kept in the loop, but nothing over at the forums...

I'm just curious...If the Airliner XP A320 isn't released soon, will:The world stop spinning?Will the global economy collapse?Will the earth's weather patterns be severly altered?Will all of your lives be irrevocably damaged in some way?Answer to all of the above: NO!Is it THAT important to everyone that they show screenshots? Is it THAT important to everyone that they announce the release date?After all.. what good is it going to do ANYONE of you to know those things? All it will do is stir up more needless arguments about things like, "the nose isn't exactly perfect!", or "that static port is one centimeter too large!" Or what if they miss the release date? Then the villagers will grab their pitchforks and storm after the horrid beast that "destroyed their lives" because they didn't release a wretched piece of software on the day they promised!!Issues with FlightScenery customer support are probably another story... but my copies of BOTH of their scenery packages work flawlessly, so I have no need of their customer support services. If other have problems, then FlightScenery should address them... for FS9 only, though.. but as for FSX support.. there was NO promised date for a release for FSX compatibility.. so crying out for it is kinda useless.. if it works for you in FS9 (for which, by the way, it was SPECIFICALLY designed) then use it in FS9.. otherwise.. dream onward and continue to enjoy FSX and its lovely default scenery!Come on, ladies and gents... it's just a piece of software.. it's been hyped, advertisied, promised, delayed...so what???But there are so many people in this community who look to it like its a cure for cancer - or something completely life-altering and vital to the survival of the human race - that MUST be released immediately - else the world will collapse into utter chaos!Like everyone else, I check the forum every now and then.. just to see if there's any news.. and when there isn't.. guess what? My life goes on! The sun still rises.. the night still falls.. my wife still loves me and my world is relatively good! No harm - no foul! Life goes on!Couldn't everyone put the energy they've put into complaining about AXP to better use? How about fighting terrorism.. or hunger... or moral decay? Help a homeless person stay warmm... or buy someone who is hungry a sandwich! Those things make a larger impact on your lives and the lives of others than a simple piece of entertainment software!You haven't spent one single dime on the AXP A320.. so what do they TRULY owe you? Nothing! Nada! Zip! Zilch! As a group, they owe no one anything.. individually, they have responsibilities to their other respective businesses.. but where AXP is concerned, they haven't taken anything concrete away from ANY of your lives.. have they? Nope... they haven't! All that's happened is thier PR machine spewed a few images and features, and the Pavlovian response of the flight sim commuinity took over and created an uproar over broken promises and percieved wrongdoing! "Death to the heretics!", cries the community. Will AXP ever release the A320 package? Probably!Will it be a success? Most likely! Will it have bugs? Perhaps!Will my life be forever and completely thrown out of whack if AXP never releases the A320? ABOLUTELY NOT!It's a life my dear people.. enjoy it while it lasts..walk in a park.. spend time with your family..do something constructive!... and when AXP releases their A320.. we may all then retreat once again into our individual worlds of flight sim fantasy and enjoy it... while we await the coming of the next great "software saviour" - whatever it may be!>>> stepping down from soap box and bravely facing the flames <<<- Alex

Guest jgreth123

Well said, Alex.I've been saying the same thing but they don't listen. They will respond with the same drivel that is normally posted. I've just given up trying to convince them and I anxiously await my Airbus. :)

Ya know, Jeff, After I posted that small sermon.. I realized that I am really no better than the others.. because I did, to them, exactly what I was condemning them for doing to AXP..So I guess it's forever a perptual cycle of "you say - I say"...But whatever.. like you.. I'll wait and see!-Alex

-----------------snip---------------->The ironic thing is that>some (of course not all) of the customers who made Dreamfleet,>Reality XP, and FlightScenery successful have little or no>interest in airliners and are mainly GA pilots. -----------------snip--------------------I have installed Reality-XP's Jetline series on regional airliners such as the CRJs, RJ-85s and others that do not have advanced EADIs and NDs. I have merged or placed on their panels the WX-500. Their instruments can cover more than GA aircraft.

Guest woottsbj25

>Tom,>>I think it's immature of you to swoop in and undercut>everything people say by simply saying they should grow up.Yes, I agree, and I'm sorry about that. Time was short then, bu to be fair, I did return and explain myself on my next reply.>When one takes people's hard-earned money, one>should be prepared to act professional, to do what is>reasonably expected regardless of personal issues, one of the>definitions of professional - again, all that means here is a>few words to the customers, no more no less.But... one hasn't yet taken people's money... :)>Also when fs developers have grandiose marketing, polished>websites, and big boy prices (as I'm guessing the airlinerxp>will have), potential and past customers will treat the>company as a company and not a cottage industry. And your point is? In fact, I often think the opposite sometimes. Developers are often treated unfairly, and I sometimes think that they should be treated more as a real company, and less as a "toy."Alex makes some very good points too. What do the AXP development team owe you, after you've paid them not a dime? Nothing, not a birdie! And yet they still give, in my opinion, superb customer support and forum activity, and a reasonably informative website. They don't have to do this!Combining another of Alex's points with one of my previous ones, why waste both your and AirlinerXP's time posting complaints like this? I detracts from time available to work on the aircraft, and I'm sure you could find something more productive to do with your time.Well, that's my commenting done. Even if a company were perfect, it still wouldn't be perfect in the eyes of some people on these forums. People would still find something to complain deeply about, and then would post these complains on the forums. This has the simple effect of stainin this hobby, and riling developers. Frankly, I think that the AirlinerXP development team are doing a fantastic job of not letting these comments phase them and are ploughing on fantastically, but I wouldn't blame any addon developer for sacking off a project simply on the grounds that they were being sated before they'd even released the thing.So, therefore, there's not point in trying to convince people that they need to lighten up a little, or even just trying to make them see things from the other side. It's better for everyone if I just sit back and wait, albeit excitedly, for the A320 to be released. I'm simply wasting my own, possibly AirlineXP's, and the you, whoever you are, who's reading this post's time.Go AirlinerXP!

Guest weeniemcween

Thanks for not getting mad at me, Tom, and we all say things that come across as harsher than they were meant due to the whole forum thing for one. I do it all the time and feel bad :)!I actually agree with pretty much everything you and the other guys have said. Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but I'm not stressing out over the airlinerxp release. I merely think that fsx upgrades (if I may say so in the fs9 forum) for the other products should have been given priority before other developments. So my position is different than the abundance of the con camp here, but it is I think shared by some, particularly flightscenery customers and anyone who likes to enter and alter flight plans realistically and manually, as realityxp permitted, rather than have the sim automate things, and have a weader radar for twins. For now, we have to accept these deficiencies of fsx. No biggie, not the end of the world, but it's frustrating to know that a longer delay resulted because airlinerxp opted not to first please their customer base but to go for the ambitious branching out. Ron, yeah the jetline is the obvious exception, which is why I did say before that their work was "geared *mostly* towards GA retrofits". Anyway if you use fsx at all you probably miss their gauges as I do.

> Still, most of airlinerxp's former customers are GA>enthusiasts, so putting GA products on the backburner is a bit>strange. They're branching out to the PMDG and Flight1>endorsed areas, yes, but you'd think that keeping former>customers happy would be their first priority. >Could be more a case of boredom. If you don't advance to something new and challanging --------you quit, or never seem to do your best.So what if they put GA products on the back burner? These individuals have done a pretty decent job in the past, and if it's time to move on.....................it's time to move on!I could care less, when a simmer believes they're owed a perpetual product upgrade; but many sure do...L.Adamson

I find threads like this fascinating as they are somewhat ridiculous, childish, and kinda sad.I cannot believe this is still going on.....not directed at you L.A, but the thread in general.

Guest woottsbj25

>and we all say things>that come across as harsher than they were meant due to the>whole forum thing for one. I do it all the time and feel bad>:)!Yup, I agree, and I do it too :)That's fair enough, I have no experience really with the separate companies, apart from a bit with the old Dreamfleet. I'm also not particularly interested in upgrading to FSX right now because my hardware's not even really nearly able to handle it.