Sign in to follow this  
Guest HugoA346

35 gigabyte of freeware: NL2000 V3

Guest HugoA346

www.nl-2000.comLooks really good, but 35 GB!? I'd need a new h/d for that.

Holy Christ! I waited all these years for that and now I realize that I couldn't even free half of the necesary disk space to install it.What I find especially curious is how they found a way to incoporate 1.2m per pixel resolution ground textures, considering that FS9 can only draw 4.8m per pixel. Judging from the screenshots they did indeed find a way.

I have 8 mb broadband and the first DVD is going to take 101 hrs to d/l when trying to d/l it robs nearly all my bandwidth so unless someone knows a better way then I aint going to wait a month or more for it.It really does look good :-)

Wow. Might have to give that a try. Mighty huge DL, could take a long, looong time to get.Looks like some fine flying, though.

35 GB!?!?! If I wanted to download that I would have to delete everything on my D drive to fit it! My D drive holds nothing but FS9 stuff and right now there is only 33.22GB of space left.

Guest neslesman

As far as I can see the download is going to take about a day and a half total and I can still use the internet, view videos and/or fly FS9 with a few stutters now and then without pausing anything.As I understand it, with these torrent thingees, the more people on line downloading the faster it goes and there are lots downloading it. I'm getting 250Kb/sec download speed and more with normal cable service, nothing super high speed and that's way faster than most downloads, by a factor of 10:1 in most cases.

Guest TomOOO

For me it is a shame it is bit-torrent. I have 4 Terra-bitdownload speeds, but cannot use bit-torrent.Tom

I tried a part of it, but it doesnt work properly for me.The runway isn't lined up with what ILS etc think.So you start on the grass when you select e.g. amsterdam schipholedit: it says it's 21 GB?"This is necessary because the total download volume is approximately 21 gigabytes"

>I tried a part of it, but it doesnt work properly for me.>The runway isn't lined up with what ILS etc think.>So you start on the grass when you select e.g. amsterdam>schiphol>>edit: it says it's 21 GB?>"This is necessary because the total download volume is>approximately 21 gigabytes"Sounds to me like you have duplicate afcad files. in the avsim library there is a program called scanafd that can locate these duplicates.

I wonder whther the developers would consider an EHAM (and immediate surrounds) only version, for those who only fly the heavy iron but not the GA stuff?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>I wonder whther the developers would consider an EHAM (and>immediate surrounds) only version, for those who only fly the>heavy iron but not the GA stuff?That would be a good idea for those who want NL2000v3 but don't have the hard drive space. Or maybe they could do something where they just have the airports?

I think they do it by laying a custom object down which contains the hires textures. Have a look at the flytampa / Flightzone stuff to see what can be achieved in FS9!!CheersJames>Holy Christ! I waited all these years for that and now I>realize that I couldn't even free half of the necesary disk>space to install it.>>What I find especially curious is how they found a way to>incoporate 1.2m per pixel resolution ground textures,>considering that FS9 can only draw 4.8m per pixel. >Judging from the screenshots they did indeed find a way. >>

>I think they do it by laying a custom object down which contains >the hires textures. Have a look at the flytampa / Flightzone stuff >to see what can be achieved in FS9!!That would only work on flat terrain, like an airport as far as I understand it. I do have enough of that kind of add-on airports to see the effects. But despite popular belief Holland isn't entirely flat. ;)