Sign in to follow this  
Squishy

How to prevent plane from going wild when turning AP off?

ey allEverytime i turn off AP just before landing on ILS, the plane goes either up or down a lot..and i crash. Why can it just leave all the rudders etc. on the same position?Any way to prevent this?thanks!

Guest jgreth123

>ey all>Everytime i turn off AP just before landing on ILS, the plane>goes either up or down a lot..and i crash. Why can it just>leave all the rudders etc. on the same position?>Any way to prevent this?>>thanks!The autopilot uses elevator trim so in a normal situation when you disconnect the autopilot it should (theoretically) remain in its trimmed state. It sounds to me like you have a calibration issue. When I disconnect my autopilot ( though I do it when passing through 10,000 feet, I hand-fly a lot ) my aircraft holds its current attitude.

Guest jgreth123

>If you have registered FSUIPC try this: on the Miscellaneous>page make sure that "Discon Elev Trim Axis for AP" is>not checked.Ahh good call. I didn't think about that one.

I dont think i've registered FSUIPCIt says FSUIPC under "modules" though (i dont know why i have it), but when i click on it i don't see a miscellaneous page.I'll make a short vid!

weird thing is it doesnt always happenSometimes it flies perfectly like it should, then some other time it shoots up like it was attached to some spring and then released.

In addition, on the off chance that you use keyboard to fly, ensure your elev is neutralized after t/o. FS ap uses trim, so your elev remains however you left it - usually up :) Fsuipc registered can neutralize elev automatically when you connect a/p. regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark

aaaah i guess that's it.So i just have to guess the position i should set it to when i turn off AP? (because the nose is up when i land)I cant reset it like i can reset the tail one (with num5)?

Nope :) I used to add a control surface gauge on any panel that did not have one so I could see my elev position. Worst case -after you connect ap go to spot view and push your elevator down till it looks reasonably centered.If you can, get yourself a controller, at least good cheap joystick (I recommend a Saitek) - problem solved :)regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark

I have a registered copy but no 'Miscelaneous page'?

Dave Taylor gb.png