Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Can Anyone Tell Me Where This .wav file Is?

I have a cockpit sound that I'd like to remove from my default 737 because I can't understand what he's saying and the guy seems to come on every 6 or 7 minutes. It's getting really annoying.It's a british sounding co-pilot that sounds like he's saying "There is exactly (something inaudible) 3, 2, 1 now(?). . ." and I've searched and searched and I can't find it in my FS9 folder. I've been listening to .wav files until I'm ready to pull my hair out (what little there is of it!).Does anyone recognize this, and can you tell me what he's saying? Does anyone know the name of the file or does anyone have a suggestion on how to find it? (FileMon report?)I thought I first installed from the great Ultimate Default 737 or 767, but I've listened to all of them and it's not there. Thanks for any help you can provide a (going) crazy old man.Chuck B.

Maybe if you ran Filemon and saved the .LOG to a file, you could open it in Notepad and do Edit > Find and search the .LOG for ".wav".I haven't heard anything like this with the default 737, are you using a non-default panel with yours? If so, it's probably a guage that's triggering the sound to play. You could have a look at that particular panel.cfg and see if there's an obvious gauge (name) that may be playing the .wav file. If you find it, you can comment it out by preceding it with "//" and see if he goes away.Jim

I fly the default 737 a lot and have never come across this. All I can suggest is that it's left over from some add-on.Check the 737 panel.cfg file. All the gauuge entries should be of the formgaugexx=737-400!...(except for the GPS.)The 737-400 reference the default t37 gauge files. Any that aren't is this format probably aren't default gages and should be commented out as suggested.

Sorry if I wasn't clear -- it's not the "default" 737 or 767 I was referring to. I meant the "Ultimate Default Boeing 737" by Kevin Nelson, Quinn Miller, and others. It's really a nice set of paints and enhancements.http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...acrp&DLID=42795Now that I'm focused on it, this sound is really driving me nuts.Chuck B.

At long last I FOUND IT! It's part of a 4 1/2 minute long file called NEWWIND.WAV, and it was installed in the 737 Sound file. Using the free Audacity audio editor, I cut out the offending parts and copied the new, shorter file back.Thanks for your help on this.Chuck B.