Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

Simply Amazing....

I found myself flying blind without access the GPS navaids database so I made some quicky modifications that puts the default GPS 500 on this panel. Thought I might as well zip it up and post it here for anyone else that may be missing their GPS.PS737NG_gps.zip][/bJim

>I found myself flying blind without access the GPS navaids>database so I made some quicky modifications that puts the>default GPS 500 on this panel. Thought I might as well zip it>up and post it here for anyone else that may be missing their>GPS.>>PS737NG_gps.zip]>>Jim JIMHello there you may be able to help me.I have been getting to grips with this panel and have made a successful flight and landing,but i would like to add some extra(Peter Copland mainly )guages that i have installed and use on other panels ie Pushback,AI radar,cockpit commander etc ,but when i open the Panel config it just has this "[fltsimalias=PSPanels/PS737NG/Panel" and i don't have the usual Panel cfg to edit if this makes sense can you help?i note you have added the GPS so perhaps i can add my guages as well.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello Andy-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------alias=PSPanels/PS737NG/Panel" and i don't have the usual Panel cfg to edit-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The panel.cfg is pointing to a location under your main flight sim folder. So look under this path (yours might be slightly deifferent):C:Program FilesFlight Simulator 2004PS Panels 737NGand you will find the main panel.cfg you are trying to edit. Adding gauges is very simple. I think FS Panel Studio (FSPS) is essential but its possible to do it without that program but it takes a little patience to position the gauges.Open the panel.cfg of a plane that has the gauges you want and copy-paste them into the PSPanels panel.cfg under the main panel entry. Example, here we are adding the cockpit commander gauge-[Window00] file=main_panel.bmp Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=1600,1200position=7visible=1ident=0gauge18=PS737NG!PS737NGEHSIMINSMODEKNOB, 536,465,43,43gauge19=PS737NG!PS737NGEHSIBAROMODEKNOB, 705,465,43,43gauge20=Cockpit Commander!CpitCmdr1, 0,-1,234,85 <-- add yours hereRemember to check the gauge-numbering :)Save the panel.cfg and load the sim, like I said without a visual approach to gauge positioning (FSPS) you will have to make a change in the .cfg then load the sim each and every time until they are in the positions you want them using the last three numbers:gauge20=Cockpit Commander!CpitCmdr1, 0,-1,234,85Ignore all the above if you have FSPS hee hee :(

Hello I have now got all my gauges installed and running.But i did do something rather stupid.When i had installed my gauges(cockpit commander,pushback etc)i realised i still had not got the GPS and this is where i did something daft i installed the GPS from JIMs zip default method into fs9root and of course i lost all my modifications to the Panel cfg.stupid or what.Anyway i have just reinstalled all the gauges plus the GPS and all is well the world.cheers and thanks for the help.Andy

Sorry Andy, I hate it when I do stuff like that (happens a lot) :) . Wish I could figure out some way to make a panel add-on write the changes to the existing panel.cfg rather than just replacing it. I'm sure it's possible somehow, but it's beyond me at this point.Jim

>Sorry Andy, I hate it when I do stuff like that (happens a>lot) :) . Wish I could figure out some way to make a panel>add-on write the changes to the existing panel.cfg rather than>just replacing it. I'm sure it's possible somehow, but it's>beyond me at this point.>>JimJimIts my fault for not reading your instructions more clearly.Its all working fine now.cheers Andy

Has anyone else had any problems opening some of the outer doors on any aircraft when using this panel?Everything on the panel itself is working just fine, but, at least when used with the POSKY 737 the air stairs and the baggage doors do not open. The commands that used to open them now just open and close the main cabin door.If I remove the panel from that same aircraft the doors work fine.Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on here?Thanks!

Yes, I noticed that same problem. The doors seem to function normally if you load the aircraft while in spot view, but once you've switched to panel view, the Shift+E > 1 & 2 (airstairs & cargo doors) won't work anymore.That's not a good thing if you've happened to open everything up initially in spot view and then switched to panel view while "passengers were boarding", unless of course you don't mind cruising at FL320 with the airstairs down and cargo doors open :) .There are a couple gauges associated with the doors, door warning lights, etc. It's probably one of them that's causing the problem. You could probably try commenting them out (//) one at a time to isolate the culprit and possibly re-code the gauge to fix the problem.Jim

I don't know anything about re-coding gauges so I guess I'm stuck.Unless there's someone who knows how to do all of this and can report back.

Here's what you need, Carob. I didn't mess around with trying to debug or figure out what's wrong, I just made a gauge you can click to open/close the doors. Seems to work great, but of course the key commands for the doors still don't work. Don't know what's up with that, but this works better anyway because it gives a visual indication on the state of the doors from inside the cockpit.http://www.cat-tamer.com/attach/door_pnl.jpgDownload from the link below and follow the instructions in the readme file.PS737NG_door.zip][/bJim

I'll check it out.Thanks!Do you know if this works for only the POSKY aircraft or will it work for other planes that also have assignments associated with Shift+E+2 and/or Shift+E+3 also?

Should work for any of them, and on any panel. Only problem might be the "Air Stair" and "Cargo Door" labeling on the button .bmps might not jive with their actual function on another aircraft. Easy enough to fix that though even in MS Paint.Jim

Hi guys!I am using the PSPanel for a while and I am stuck... Every time when I want to perfom an ILS approach the EHSI freezes :sNAV1 is correctly tuned and when I want to intercept the localizer it freezes which causes my plane to circle around...I have merged the panel with the PMDG 737, and using default ATCAnybody else experienced the same issue?Regards,Erik