Sign in to follow this  
Guest Strikehawk Mech

FS9 ATC and FSC Flight Plan

Guest Strikehawk Mech

I created a flight plan using FSCommander for an IFR flight, using high altitude airways, with a PMDG 737 aircraft. The flight plan includes SID/STAR routes. It loads perfectly on the 737 FMC.Problem is how do you get the FS9 ATC to follow the flight plan that I created? FS9 ATC directs me on a different route, even if I load the flight plan on FS9's flight planner. I understand FS9 doesn't have SID/STAR, but ATC still directs me on a different route even if I didn't include SID/STAR in the flight plan. Do I fly without the FS9 ATC? Then it wouldn't seem "real" enough without some sort of ATC...

Have you requested an approach from ATC when they begin to 'vector' you to the airport?

You need to load the flight plan in FS9 as you would normally.If you can afford it. Get Radar Contact. I was leary about it for a long time but I have to say I will never fly offline without it again. There is no download. Only CD.I used to use the ATC in FS9. Not anymore.Steve

HelloRadar contact is now available as a D/L, I agree its well worth getting

Guest Strikehawk Mech

Yes, I've loaded the FSCmdr flight plan on FS9, but the FS9 ATC doesn't follow the same route that's been planned out on FSCmdr, it wants me to fly in a different direction/heading to my destination. When I want to fly the waypoints that I see on FSCmdr's moving map, the FS9 ATC keeps telling me to turn in a different heading.From what I've been reading about Radar Contact it's something I need, I'll have to give it a try. How's the learning curve on using this program, is it easy to use?Thank you.

Guest RonB49

". . . the FS9 ATC keeps telling me to turn in a different heading."How near to the departure airport is the first waypoint? If it is quite close and you can't turn sharply enough to cross over that first waypoint, then ATC will NOT proceed with the rest of the flightplan and they WILL repeat the same heading command over and over again.If the first waypoint is less than 5 or 6 miles away, I delete it. Then all is well.R-

Guest rwrea

if u have loaded the FP into fs flight planner it should work. Make sure its the same exact same FP u put in the FMS. Don't use FMS until ATC has "cleare u to own navigation", then use FMS and fly to next fix. And when u get close to Destination, u will come off FMS, as ATC will give u its own vectors to APP.Hope this helps....Dick ReaMCA 372

Guest Strikehawk Mech

I did a simple flight from San Diego (KSAN) to Sacramento (KSMF) attached is a picture of what the flight looked like. The red line is the route of the flight plan that was loaded on both FS9 and FMC. The turquoise line is the route FS9 ATC wanted me to fly.I was thinking, could excessive AI traffic in one area cause the FS9 ATC to change my course?http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175291.jpg....you might notice I didn't make it all the way to KSMF, I got frustrated when FS9 ATC told me to turn hdg 220, towards San Francisco (KSFO)....LOL..

Guest rwrea

I would copy that original flight plan you created and copy to FS flight planner and over-write the first flight plan and try again. For some reaason, the flight plans do not seem to be the same.

you have to read the manual, and flying the tutorials help tremendously. that's why we took the time and effort to write the manual, and design, document and test the tutorials.it's not your default atcjd

Guest rwrea

I thought u said FS9 ATC? If ur using Radar Contact, that's another story.....:-roll Dick ReaMCA 372