Sign in to follow this  
Guest Northy

US Holiday Destinations?

Guest Dnsmo

That looks like it will be a great trip. What did you use to create the map of your route?

Awesome trip, Geof. I'd be interested in any flight plans when you come to file them, and any trip reports.Bruce.

Got it, thanks- I'll be looking when I know that you're flying :)Bruce.

I fly charter flights a few times a year to holiday destinations and I consider my self to be pretty average. My wife has a large family that likes to travel together so I guess I am pretty lucky. We consider travel a high priority but I am sure that will change once we have children. For those that live in the colder climates in the US, beach vacations can be pretty popular. Detroit Metro and Minneapolis St. Paul are major origins for many of these companies.For schedules, check out http://www.funjet.com/and http://www.applevacations.comThese companies use a combination of charter flights and scheduled air. Some of the charter airlines include USA3000, Ryan International and Champion Air. ATA and Sun Country also have charter flights (or at least they used to). For schedules air, most airlines serve the holiday destinations. From Detroit, Northwest and Spirit fly to many popular destinations. It is also common to see Canadian airlines such as Sky Service and Air Transat at popular holiday destinations.Some of the most popular destinations for Americans and Canadians include:Cancun, MexicoCozumel, MexicoPuerto Vallarta, Mexico,Acapulco, MexicoCabo San Lucas, MexicoIxtapa, Mexico Montego Bay, JamaicaPorto Plata, Dominican RepublicGrand Cayman, Cayman IslandsPunta Cana, Dominican RepublicSt. Thomas, US Virgin IslandsSt. LuciaPuerto RicoNassau, BahamasCuba (Canadians only)Over all, I would say that the most popular destinations from Detroit are Cancun, Montego Bay and Punta Cana.In the US, I would consider these popular holiday destinationsAnywhere in HawaiiMiami, FLOrlando, FLKey West, FLLas Vegas, NVPhoenix, AZSan Diego, CANew Orleans, LAHilton Head, SCAnd basically the entire South East US coast and Southern California.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

If you do "rent" a twin, be sure and hit the Pacific Northwest. Great scenery in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana.

One potentially interesting special flight system is sports charters and elections.Every race weekend, Roush will fly B727's from KCLT to the race location - usually three round trips for both aircraft. Champion will have at least one aircraft, and Pace may have one of their aircraft on the route also.National Football League teams frequently have fan charters to and from the city where the local team is playing an away game.College football rivalries can be occasions for fans to charter a plane and follow the team.Elections offer a great opportunity for a lot of flying to new airports. Pick a candidate and follow his/her itinerary.Right now I'd not expect too many large jets, but by the time the presidential campaign gets down going next year, you'll see at least one B757 and one B727 sized aircraft for each major part candidate and VP candidate. Some of these will hit three or four states each day - maybe more in the last week.