Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

Captain sim C-130 question/thoughts

Guest over and out

Hi all,So I got interested in the CS C-130 Pro when I saw it was a $19 download at Flight 1. As always I looked into reviews of the product before purchasing. Overall, based on the reviews it seamed like a good package, although there were many, many complaints about CaptainSim service.I decided to go ahead and get it anyway since it was a great price from Flight 1. I took if for a test flight out of March AFB and I really like the eye candy. I will have to spend some time with the manuals though, I cant even get the lights to turn on :)I guess I did not read enough forums. Based on the Avsim review RAF Lyneham (EGDL) was included in the package. But to my dissapointment it is not included in the download version (Booooo Hissss). I searched Avsim a found one freeware version.Does anyone know if the RAF Lyneham version that comes with the cd is available elseware?

Hi JSC,Cant help with the scenery, I have the David Mackie one (Avsim)C130 cockpit lights, swing round in VC, on side panel there are some rotary switches, rotate one and your light will come on, I run with cockpit light on in VC all the time.hope this helps,all the best,

Guest over and out

Thanks, I'll probably just get the freeware version of Lyneham.Thanks for light tip. As I said , I'll have to spend some time with the manuals :)

If you want to get flying fast, try this tutorial http://www.fsstation.com/tutorials/captain...kheed-c130.htmlEverything you need to know.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorLogitech Extreme 3D pro Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Guest ThrottleUp

geez I wish I had waited, I have learned my lesson now! I bought the C-130 a few days before it came out. Bit gutted now to see how low the price is!

Guest over and out

Thanks for the tutorial tip. I'll use it to get me started.:)

Guest over and out

Unfortunately this is the nature of this hobby. One day it's gold, the next day it's a has-been. :)I learned also, what ever comes out today as the "next greatest thing" I get 6 months later for a fraction of the price with the bugs worked out of it. I never buy anything until the first service pack or patch is out.It's all good.

Guest DocW

>I learned also, what ever comes out today as the "next>greatest thing" I get 6 months later for a fraction of the>price with the bugs worked out of it. I never buy anything>until the first service pack or patch is out.well said ! Must be a psychological thing, since I knew it but keep on repeating my error.Michael.

Guest ThrottleUp

over and out - yea good advice mate. I learned from that mistake and its never happened again now. Will wait patiently!

>I learned also, what ever comes out today as the "next>greatest thing" I get 6 months later for a fraction of the>price with the bugs worked out of it. I never buy anything>until the first service pack or patch is out.Then you are the man! As for me I can't wait for so long when new things are released :) When the sales come I try not to think about extra money I paid.