Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

Freeware GA scenery suggestions?

I want to have a go at some GA flying as I have become a bit bored of the commercial stuff. I just want a change for a bit.I am looking for some good freeware scenery for GA flying. I am especially interested in stuff for Europe but anywhere will do. I am interested in some good airfields mainly. Something that has a real feeling of being there, or somewhere interesting. Something like the scenery in this pic http://www.sibwings.com/ss/saf/saf_08.jpgMany thanks for any suggestions.Andy S

Some of my favorite areas to fly are the Scandinavian Countries, Norway probably my favorite of the bunch.Go to 'FS Nordic' and search their FS library files for some excellent freeware scenery. Norway and Finland have been extensively done, but you will also find quite a few sceneries for Sweden and Denmark as well.....and beyond to the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, etc etc.There is also a great Swiss freeware package available.And I took an extended trip accross France late last year, and there are simply tons of freeware scenery available.Go to this site:http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.phpwhich has most all the freeware sceneries available across the internet, and is updated often. A great site which I use often before expoloring a new area, or keeping myself updated.Enjoy that SAAB, I just purchased it myself.

Guest Eagletail

Hey Andy,For really good GA flying, try flying the friendly skies of Australia. Vista Australis - VOZ - offers some of the most beautiful freeware scenery out there. We're constantly working on our product and striving to be among the very best in the FS world. Check http://vistaoz.org/ for more info. You'll find the VOZ forums to be a friendly place to hang out, as well. ;)

Guest JamesMc

Glacier Bay by Holger Sandmann is great if you'd like to do some flying in North America.

Pete & Sid's Viva Scenery volumes 1 & 2 enhances about 140 small airports, mostly in Alaska and Canada. I'm readying volume 3 for uploading...that will give you about another 130 airports, including almost every airport in British Columbia. Nothing fancy, but it's free and there's lots of it. :D Sidney Schwartz KPDX

>I'm readying>volume 3 for uploading...that will give you about another 130>airports, including almost every airport in British Columbia.>Nothing fancy, but it's free and there's lots of it. :D >>Sidney Schwartz KPDXOh man, now that put a smile on my face. ;)Looking forward to it Sidney