Sign in to follow this  

Library search

Guest longbeer

Hi,I've been using this resource for a number of years and have filled my HDD with stuff to the point where FS takes minutes to start. Repeatedly.Recently, I've found searches are getting less useful. The sheer number of files makes for very large numbers of results for all but the most obscure. Multiple terms seem to function as a OR, increasing the number of hits (try searching for any airline named "air something" to see what I mean). Would it be possible to implement proper boolean searches? Being able to search for X and Y or X and not Y is what I'm after.Also, is it possible to get the library search to treat two words seperated by a space as a string somehow? I've tried enclosing them in quotes, but adds the quotes to the search.I realise that this may not be possible within the limitations of the current library software and that it is a product of Avsim's success.Laurie

We will make sure this reaches the web developers.