Sign in to follow this  
Speedbyrd

Setting AI percentage in flight

Is there a shortcut to increase or decrease AI traffic percentages while in flight? I thought I saw where someone did a hotkey in FSUIPC but now I can't find it. Just for my info, does anyone fly with 100% AI?

Guest Ken_Verga

I do sometimes on the ground and I get amazing frames its almost the same as no ai using a very detailed AI kit.

If you have TrafficToolBox.dll from the FS2004 Traffic Tool Box SDK on the Tools menu at the top - you can change the AI % at any time with just a couple mouse clicks.Yes, it does temporarily pause the sim while you open the tool - and while the AI traffic reloads.But it picks up your flight exactly as you were.

I don't know of a shortcut. I do fly with 100% all the time using UT. The only time I cut it back to around 85-90% is when taking off at airports such as KEWR where the "rush to takeoff" leads to ridiculous long conga lines. I've tried waiting about 15 minutes for things to even out, but I just usually cut back the percentage and then pop it back to 100% after TO. It's really too bad MS didn't do anything with the AI engine with FSX. That would have been a BIG selling point for me. Mike

Guest Tophatter

You can define keyboard shortcuts or button presses using a registered copy of FSUIPC. You have two choices, you can use Traffic Density Set where you simply assign a traffic density percentage or you can use Traffic Density Toggle where you set the percentage then use the keypress to toggle AI traffic density between that percentage and 0. I set up my Dad's Go-Flight system with buttons for 0, 33, 66 and 100 percent AI traffic.Bud

I guess that's where I'm stuck. How do I set 'Traffic Density Toggle' with the hot keys? I don't see any command like this. I've never used the hot keys in FSPUIC. Can you point me?Thanks

Bud,Could you give us a step by step guidance for us. This is very useful. I have also been thinking of such a functionality for a long time.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Is there also a way to increase/decrease ATC volume with keyboards shortcuts? Since I use Radar Contact I would like to have default ATC on the ground giving me taxi and gate instructions, and no deafult ATC (i.e. volume 0) when airborne.Thanks,James

James Goggi

Just for my info, does anyone fly with 100% AI? --------------------------------------------------Well, I fly/run FS9 with 100 percent COMMERCIAL A.I. all the time.I have General set at absolute zero.I get great A.I. performance etc at my above setting.

I fly with 100% traffic. If I am in a queue to take off I press pause, adjust the sim rate ® to x16 and back down to x1 and the queue disappears.

Peter Schluter

> Just for my info, does anyone fly with 100% AI?Yes. All the time. I always let the sim run before I do anything. And then if there's a line, I queue. :DWith good Afcads, increased taxi speeds and AI Smooth, it's great. In fact, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Mike...

Yes - 100% commercial and GABut I have over 4,000 AFCAD files so I have enough parking.And like every verison of FS - I had to buy a new computer before I could handle that much AI in FS2004.I can run over 100FPS in open ocean areas - and 25-30 when landing at Heathrow with my 2 1/2 year old rig.Now I'm in the same cycle with FSX.