Sign in to follow this  
Guest KFD

The Usual Black Screen...But....

Guest KFD

Hi all, Been a veeerrryyyy long time since I was in the forums.....now back with FS9 performing beautifully - and FSX chucked in the cupboard until everything in the hardware world catches up;) Just a quick note to everyone to say that I too have the old usual nvidia problem of a black screen in the selecyt aircraft part of the pre-flight set up. Easy to live with I suppose....but a bit of a pain all the same. Strange thing happened tonight......Usual set up - getting ready to fly and expecting not to see anything in the black window when I selected my PMDG 737 and, as it spent the usual few seconds loading up the fixes, intersections etc, the image of the plane appeared in the black box. Strang or what? Now, my question here is: There are many nvidia gurus out there and some really gifted guys who pass on various graphics fixes and card settings. I've never seen this before and I was wondering, given the facts here that there is the usual black box but, when selecting PMDG aircraft, they appear, there must be a way to look at the software loading and figure out how that image is appearing?? Or am I being a bit simplistic? KFD

You think that's weird, I just upgraded to an Nvidia card and I am also getting strange behavior when loading PMDG's aircraft. What I get is an aircraft select screen with the aircraft displayed, but not antiailised like it used to be with my old ATI card. On top of that, the AIRAC database load times have tripled.My guess, and that of the PMDG developer, is that the notorious Nvidia recent driver issue dealing with the profiles for FS9 and FSX is the cause of my problem and a host of others. Apparently the driver contains 'profiles' for many games and simulations and uses an 'enhanced mode' for antiailising FS9 and FSX, which is causing the loss of AA in both sims. It's only messing up AA in my load screen but not in the simulation. It may be causing the blank screen for you.The solution is to get one of two third party apps, either the Riva Tuner (at guru3D.com) or the nHancer (at nhancer.com) to delete the profiles that came with the driver and create a new one for using AA in FS. The nHancer requires netframe 2.0 which you can get from Microsoft.What a hassle to say the least. Search this forum for more postings on Nvidia driver issues.Kim

I am always amazed that drivers don't work with FS. You would think that in this day and age that that would not be a problem. Obviously they are not of the FS community. Too bad.Currently listening to Sonny & Cher Jim CYWG

Oooooh yeah, you should read all the flaming going on in the forums about Nvidia and their drivers and how unresponsive to the customer they've been. :-mad Kim