Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

Memory Leak?

>>this error is caused by MS allowing their game developers to>create >software that, under some circumstances, will grab>more memory that >the operating system will allow (2GB for>both XP and VISTA).>>That is wrong as my post you quote explains.>> Also, you breached copyright by copying a post from FlightSim>in its entirity. If I had wanted to that here I'd have done so>myself. >huh? so now a post on a message board is intellectual property and you breach a copywright by posting it? OMG I just breached it by "quoting" your text in this reply!!!

Guest TomOOO

>That is wrong as my post you quote explains.>Also, you breached copyright by copying a post from FlightSim in its >entirity. If I had wanted to that here I'd have done so myself.The original post looks like a copied and slightly garbled post from me on VM and OOM :)though I would have to run the text through a plagiarism check first to see if copyright was breached :):-lol Tom

Guest KemoF15

Well said Tom...concur, if you want to retain intellectual "ownership", don't post in a public forum. This is a place where information and ideas are shared amongst a community representing a broad spectrum of experience and expertise.I recommend for those who want to "philadelphia lawyer" every freakin comment/idea and flame repeatedly...head over to the FSX forum, you'll have plenty of company.CheersKemoF15

I quote from AVSIM's own Terms of Use, which were broken"(:( User shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the System any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right and the burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright rests with User."Whoever copied my post from FlightSim didn't have my express permission and I guess didn't have FlightSim's either.. Yes, a post on a message board is intellectual property and copyright was infringed by posting it - especially from another site. Quoting from a post on this site is fair dealing. Copying the whole post from another site isn't, any more than copying an up-loaded add-on from AVSIM to another site is acceptable.

Guest KemoF15

ScoobI suppose a simple link to another forum site without the qoute would have been "copyright" infringment as well ; )...what's unfortunate about this "event" is most of us genuinely attempt to provide assistance and guidance if we have information or expertise or a link that can help a fellow simmer out with an issue or a question--like you have done throughout the years--but that message somehow got lost in this particular thread due to the legalize gauntlet being thrown.You still get my vote.KemoF15 (aka Rake)

And inside the cockpit? still 6 fps?JohanA LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION, AND A LITTLE MORE ACTION PLEASE.."The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one - but still they come!"Ulla!

>I quote from AVSIM's own Terms of Use, which were broken>>"(:( User shall not upload, post or otherwise make>available on the System any material protected by copyright,>trademark or other proprietary right without the express>permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other>proprietary right and the burden of determining that any>material is not protected by copyright rests with User.">>Whoever copied my post from FlightSim didn't have my express>permission and I guess didn't have FlightSim's either.. >>Yes, a post on a message board is intellectual property and>copyright was infringed by posting it - especially from>another site. Quoting from a post on this site is fair>dealing. Copying the whole post from another site isn't, any>more than copying an up-loaded add-on from AVSIM to another>site is acceptable.your juvenile understanding of what constitutes intellectual property is quite hilarious but deeply disturbing. please stop. your attempt to stretch it to be words you post as copyrighted material is extremely bizarre, especially when you try to say it is just as bad as posting someone else's actual work such as an addon and claiming it as theirs!

Guest Zevious Zoquis

lol :)