Sign in to follow this  
Guest dapas

FSX at half price

Guest dapas

For those bargain-hunting simmers in the UK who have still not bought a copy of FSX, check out Argos's current offer: the standard edition for

Does it come with better performances than the "non bargin" version? :-lol ........Couldn

Staffan

Guest CDAhmedEH

I'm a new convert to FS2004. After I reinstalled my addons I'm so much happier than I ever was. I'm almost ready to uninstall FSX, but just one question, will it damage the FS2004 installation if FSX gets uninstalled ?

Yes and besides this is the "FS9" forum, let's leave the "stone age" behind us. :)Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest KemoF15

>I'm a new convert to FS2004. After I reinstalled my addons>I'm so much happier than I ever was. I'm almost ready to>uninstall FSX, but just one question, will it damage the>FS2004 installation if FSX gets uninstalled ?I've uninstalled FSX twice with no adverse impact to FS9--I'd recommend a registry healer, however, because uninstalling won't get rid of some FSX paths in the registry--I believe the total number of path errors/unused .dlls was 54 in my registry after I uninstalled.Even with a relatively high end system, the recent FSX SP (say hello to the blurries!), and all the tweaks, FSX grinds to a fast slideshow with any weather, any complex jet, and at any major airport. Excuse me NO, I don't want to turn the autogen off!I gave FSX a reasonable shot (twice)--to me, having to tweak a program for days/weeks and still getting marginal performance is absolutely absurd. Fallacy one was "it will run much better" with Vista. Fallacy two was "a DirectX10 video card will make it run much faster". Fallacy three "wait till the SP and you'll see a significant increase in performance". Fallacy four (yet unproven) is FSX adrenaline patch (sometime late this year) will make it DX10 capable and therefore finally increase performance perhaps on par with FS9.Sticking with FS9 for a long time.KemoF15AMD FX-62 dual coreNvidia 7950 GX2 (1GB GPU) overclocked4GB Corsair RAMRaptor 10000rpm HDDell 24"WinXP, Ultimate Terrain US/Europe, FSGenesis 38m, GE Pro, FE, Active Sky 6.5, Real Sky Pro, Squawkbox 3.1, Wilco Airbus Deluxe, PMDG 737, PIC 737, PSS 757, Megahubs, Cloud 9 KDCA, Imagine KCLT, KDTW, Grimshaw's KBOS, Ansari's KLGA