Sign in to follow this  
Guest AJ4evur

'Star' Runways

Guest AJ4evur

Hi, I'm new to this site but im pretty familiar with flight simulator 2004. I've heard many people talk about this crosswind or 'star runway technique but i still don't understand how to make crosswind runways in FS9. Also i have tried to follow the link to the famous project ai tutorial on how to do this but the link no longer works becuase they updated the site! I'm currently trying to open all 4 runways at KJFK [ Kennedy INTL ] but nothing is working! Thanks for the Help, Lance CharlesP.S- My email address is eureto5@aol.com

Guest AJ4evur

Yes but i still dont Know how to have all 4 runways being used at the same time in FS9.

Under List, choose runways. Double click the rwy you want. You'll see two boxes marked Closed for landing and Closed for takeoff. Just make sure they aren't checked. If you do that for every rwy FS should use all the rwys.Dave F.

Guest AJ4evur

Ok but will all 4 runways be used by atc at the same time? Especially the runways that arent parallel to each other?-AJ4evur

Hi,AFAIK that information is no longer available.The (very) short answer from memory:1. Write down a list of the current runways, and their true headings (get this in AFCAD).2. Make a new list, inserting new runways that are 7.5 degrees apart from each other between the existing runways. Do this so you add the fewest number of runways, or that the (real) runway listed last will be used as the "master" runway when ATC makes it's wind decisions (I *think* it's the last runway). You will need an unbroken string of runways between the ones you want to be used together.3. Name these new runways with numbers in between the existing ones. If you need more use R, L, and C letter suffixes.4. In FS move to a location about 95 NM away from the airport, in a direction where no (or the fewest) AI aircraft arrive from. Write down the lat and long values (I save a Flight with my plane located there so I can easily return). Leave your plane there.5. Press the Lock button in AFCAD to take you to this location. You can repeat this anytime you need to go there.6. Now add the new runways to your AFCAD. Make them 1000 ft long and 100 ft wide (they will be easier to see in AFCAD for now). You can make them in a "star" pattern or any pattern you like. 7. Open the runway list by choosing Lists/Runways. Move them up and down until they are in order by true heading (all less than 8 degrees apart for the ones you want FS to use at one time). Use your written list for this. Unpress the Lock button.8. Return to the airport (either save and reload the airport, or use the keystroke that moves you to the airport reference point (I forgot that one).9. You will need to rename many/all of the black runway links to the correct runway names (adding new runways messes these up).10. Save it and restart FS. See if they are using more than one runway.11. Once you have everything running right, you can make the fake runways only 1-10 ft wide so they are invisible. Makes them harder to select in AFCAD though. Use the Lists/Runways menu list instead.If I've forgotten anything someone will hopefully chime in.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___