Sign in to follow this  
tangerine

Tooltip Problem

Ey there guys... I've been trying to discover how to fix this annyoing problem.Sometimes... after 10 or 15 minutes FS9 is running, everytime my mouse stays on an instrument who will pop up a tooltip... the half size of the screen draws an image than happened some seconds/minutes ago.Anyone know how can i fix it?.Btw... The Pc with FS9 installed is: Am2 Dual 4200X, OCZ Systemlite 2GB(2x1gb) 800MHZ DDR2, Nvidia 7950 GX2.Ty in advance.Hernan

Hi HernanMaybe I'm wrong but you can try.Start FS and go to Settings-Realism and Weather. Click on Realism.You will see a new window. Look for "Display flying tips".Uncheck that box.Willy

I think that's part of the nvidia driver issue, I've seen that myself with some combination of anti aliasing/filtering settings, but I can't remember what they were. Seems like it did that when I tried AA on in the game and "application controlled" in the drivers, but I may be wrong. Try experimenting with AA settings and see if that helps.Jim

Hi:I've seen this subject come up many times in the last few years, and do experience it. Yes, turning tool tips off does cure it, albeit being somewhat of an inconvienience. I have an old FX5600 Ultra, but I believe it is endemic to all or most Nvidia cards. Not sure about ATI's, but I do not think they have this problem.Since I always run in windowed mode, the only other solution I know of is to "restore down" your screen, then "maximize" it again. This has always worked for me.It seems, at least on my system, that no combination aa/filters does much good. Oh well, time to upgrade!

Hi,Yes, I believe this is part of the NVidia driver problem.What I do is press Alt-Enter and then Alt-Enter again (switch to full screen/windowed mode and back again). This clears it for a while. Faster than using the mouse.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___