Sign in to follow this  
Guest CDAhmedEH

Which one do you like more ? (9 or X)

Guest CDAhmedEH

Hello,I still remember the day when FSX was announced. I was exited for the release. Screen shots looked great, everything made it seem like it was going to be great; developers are blogging and giving information and so on. I decide to uninstall FS2004. Finally, a week after the release, I go to Future Shop and buy the game for 60$. I come home install the game feeling pretty confident that the game will run fine on my AMD64 3500+, ATI AIW X800XT with 2GB of RAM. The game starts and WOW its looks UGLY ! I go to New York and open the Display Options. I put everything at medium low and I could swear that a slideshow looked smoother. I google some tweaks and install them and do a Flight around Friday Harbor and looks pretty smooth at 20FPS. I learn that SP1 will be released to fix the performance problems. I wait, wait, wait some more and finaly in May its released. I install it, defrag and load up the New York flight. WOW its 5 FPS !!!. I reduce my settings, 5m textures, 152m mesh, no traffic, nothing. Its at 15 FPS, not bad. I start flying and wow its so blurry. I kept tolarating this until the beginning of July. I said it was time to return to FS2004.I take out my four CDs install it, and reinstall my numerous addons. I put everything at ultra high and WOW 30FPS at New York with addons planes and traffic. Looks so nice, and SMOOTH. I coudln't be any happier. Everything is flawless, pure fun (no tweaking included). FSX soon to be off the hard drive. Meigs Feild is back, rollings wheels roll properly, and Traffic is everywhere and the sky looks so beautifulConcluison : FSX is a big disappointment, thank God I didn't fall in the trap of wasting 5000 dollars on a new super computer. My computer is good enough to play FS2004.FS2004 is the winner for me.any comments ?

Guest FredGherkin

This has all been said before, ad nauseum.

Guest Matt Johnson

This horse is dead. It requires no further flogging...