Sign in to follow this  
Guest bertvankampen

NL2000V3 is not a joke, but...

Guest bertvankampen

NL2000V3 is not a joke, but...Now more than 5 days later i have all the 5 dvd's "torrented" and after some 75 min. of installing at last NL2000V3 is running on FS9....But the first impressions are not completely satisfying.....but i will give it some days to get familiar with the interface and the whole add-on...Ill come back later with more results about this hugest add-on ever uploaded....Two days later...After all the installment worked out well, but overall i am not very satisfied with the product itself.If you compare these 30Gb (GIGAbyte) with the 500Mb of VOZ...then i am slightly disappointed...Specially in my hometownarea Twente the only thing that scores a 7 out of 10 score is Twente AB, but still the aircraft are floating 2 meters above the ground...but the surrounding area is very poor (a 4 out of 10)No i don't think i keep this addon on my HD, even not just because it's Freeware, but also i cann't run my own designed parts anylonger because of the way NL2000V has been designed.Thanks for this FREEWARE and sorry NL2000-TEAM for all the hard work done over the years...Kind regards.Bert

Hoi Bert,Floating aircraft are ussually caused by the wrong vertex level. You can set it in the feature panel.I do think NL2000V3 went a little photoscenery wild in this release. You can use just the 3d scenery if you like the airports and extra scenery. I do think that on my current hardware the diskspace to benefit ratio fals out negative for NL2000V3. Maybe I can keep it installed on my future machine.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Hoi Bert,We dutch a such a great bunch to each other...I'm so darn proud to be dutch... :-roll. My got man if you want to experience Twente, please step outside and kneel down and stuff your face in the cow dung.Anyway I've never ever seen such an achievement as NL2000 v3. It's demanding for your system for sure, however it's a first and it's unique in it's own kind. And it runs fine on my oldy worldy AMD 3000XP putter. So stop whining and if you have problem, contact the NL2000 team on their own forum.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"Edited for typo

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest jgreth123

It's a lot to download but what can you expect for freeware? They made a smart move. Bandwidth may not be horribly expensive but they're not getting a dime.

Actually, I like the NL2000. Its huge and they have done lots of work and it shows.I love the night flying around Amsterdam. what they did with the moving lights to simulate traffic is very good. EHAM at night looks stunning. But I have some flashing white textures with big commerial/ads like in these texture come and go. Not sure what that is.The NL terrain s flat like England. If It were mountainous it would look even more stunning. But the textures are actually more varied than UK VFR (Payware).All in all, its a stunning addon. I got the photo textures linked in FSX and they look good. There are some issues of the underlying texture bleeding when you go low.. But its great to fly across the country in FSX. It'll do till they do the FSX version.I can now fly from Bristol, UK via London to Maastricht, NL via Dam, without seeing the default scenery. Then I can continue with Aerosoft's Germany (when they publish the West Germany scenery) ..then I continue all the way to Austria/Switzerland and then continue down from Geneva into France and Alps using the French VFR alps scenery all the way to Nice and then Monaco (Aerosoft). Thats a lot of continuous/contiguous photo scenery. IF only the Italians would shape up and do their part and finish Italy. :(I also hope the swiss scenery folks would do a high resolution of Switzerland. For the amount they charge, the least they can do is do a 1M/pixel instead of trying to pass off that fs9 version for that same price for FSX. And also do it with Autogens.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

>The NL terrain s flat like England. If It were mountainous it>would look even more stunning. But the textures are actually>more varied than UK VFR (Payware).Manny the country is flat no mountains here ;-)Andr

André