Sign in to follow this  
Guest Binncott

RAF Lakenheath by Military AI Works

Guest Binncott

As we have now entered into the beta testing phase, Military AI Works would like to invite you all to view a preview video of our forthcoming RAF Lakenheath package, which will include custom built scenery as well as textures for all based aircraft.The video which lasts 1 min 56 secs is available to view here;http://www.simtube.com/view_video.php?view...75e548cee86dfadHope you enjoy.CheersStew

That will be a great add-on.My father, who unfortunately passed away a month ago, was stationed in England three times. The second time he was there, 1968-1972, he was stationed at RAF Mildenhall. I, however, started the 1st grade at RAF Lakenheath in 1971. There were no schools at Mildenhall, only a 10 or so miles away. Back then, I remember seeing F-100s take off, fly around, and land from the playground. We left England in 1972, but went back in late 1974. That time, he got stationed at RAF Lakenheath, and I went back to that school. At that time, from the playground, I remember seeing the F-4s. Before we left England in July 1978, the F-4s had changed to F-111s.RAF Lakenheath is a great base. Hopefully, RAF Mildenhall will be a add-on addition to flight sim at some point. RAF Mildenhall had the larger aircraft and the awsome airshows. RH

Guest Binncott

Hi there,Your wish will be realised as Mildenhall is high on the "to do" list.CheersStew

Hopefully, RAF Mildenhall>will be a add-on addition to flight sim at some point. RAF>Mildenhall had the larger aircraft and the awsome airshows. >>RHRobbie,Awesome hardly does them justice IMO. I don't think I have ever felt more welcome anywhere else. From the time you passed through the gate and guys saying "Have a nice day" to the display, said to be the largest military display in Europe, it kept me transfixed throughout the two days it ran for.The atmosphere was so very addictive too. Once while walking around viewing the static display's one of the service men called over to me "Hey, theres a hamburger over here and it's got your name on it". I couldn't resist purchasing it even though I had already had my packed lunch. It was this sort of cheeck and above all the openess and freindliness that made their Air Fete so wonderful to be a part of.I rue their passing as I don't believe that it happens any more? Certainly now, living where I do it wouldn't be feasable to attend any more but I still hold great memories of wonderful displays and some great weather.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest yarvelling

Fantastic! A great little video of what looks to be a superb add-on!I work at Lakenheath, at the BX, and have done for the past 15 years; it's great to see someone finally make a Lakenheath scenery that actually 'looks' like Lakenheath:) There does look to be a control tower missing, and one or two hangers up near the threshold of rwy 24, but it's hard to tell from the limited views given in the video. On days off, I quite often go out the viewing area which is off to the right of rwy 24's threshold, and your scenery appears to be very close to what can be seen from there...it would be pretty neat too if the civvy side of the base could be modelled too, as that is a huge part of the overall base, and the F15's frequently fly right overour heads in the BX, and when the A10's come to visit (as they are again at the moment, they do quite a few fancy manouvres over head, which is amazing to see :)As for Mildenhall....I look forward to that too! Over the last couple of years, talk has started again about the hosting of future airshows. We'll have to wait and hope to see if they ever come to fruition....

Guest KemoF15

Brilliant! I flew F-15Es in the 492FS (Bolars--"Madhatters") from 1993-1996...spent the majority of the time deployed to Aviano AB IT or Incirlik AB Turkey...lots of fond memories pushing a superb jet around the UK low fly structure--loved going "Tornado hunting"--sport of Kings!KemoF15

Guest Binncott

>>Brilliant! I flew F-15Es in the 492FS (Bolars--"Madhatters")>from 1993-1996...spent the majority of the time deployed to>Aviano AB IT or Incirlik AB Turkey...lots of fond memories>pushing a superb jet around the UK low fly structure--loved>going "Tornado hunting"--sport of Kings!>>KemoF15Well, if you ever popped into RAF Leuchars, there's a good chance I saw you, as that was where I did all my spotting....happy daysCheersStew

Guest KemoF15

StewWe played with 43 squadron quite a bit doing dissimilar air combat training (DACT)...shot several PDs into Leuchars but never had a bash up at the Officer's Mess ; )KemoF15

Guest Binncott

Well no doubt I may well have "logged" your overshoots at EGQL.Spent many happy days at the Runway 27 end with the Leuchars Aviation Group. Spent many cold and wet days also, but hey that's Scotland.CheersStew

Guest rocket_26_

>Fantastic! A great little video of what looks to be a superb>add-on!>I work at Lakenheath, at the BX, and have done for the past 15>years; it's great to see someone finally make a Lakenheath>scenery that actually 'looks' like Lakenheath:) There does>look to be a control tower missing, and one or two hangers up>near the threshold of rwy 24, but it's hard to tell from the>limited views given in the video. On days off, I quite often>go out the viewing area which is off to the right of rwy 24's>threshold, and your scenery appears to be very close to what>can be seen from there...it would be pretty neat too if the>civvy side of the base could be modelled too, as that is a>huge part of the overall base, and the F15's frequently fly>right overour heads in the BX, and when the A10's come to>visit (as they are again at the moment, they do quite a few>fancy manouvres over head, which is amazing to see :)>As for Mildenhall....I look forward to that too! Over the>last couple of years, talk has started again about the hosting>of future airshows. We'll have to wait and hope to see if>they ever come to fruition....Just to confirm the scenery has the control tower, although it doesnt have the old tower. When you say hangers near the 24 threshold, i assume you mean HAS, all 60 HAS are in the scenery as are all the hangers. I also visit the viewing area from time to time, one of the best bases to view, I recently visited to see the A-10s was a nice change. I would have liked to model the civvy side of the base but photos were limited, everything in the scenery is based on photos and they were hard enough to obtain.

The last Mildenhall airshow I attended was back in the 1970s, but, even then, they certainly were very friendly and very addictive. Overall, I have some good memories of Mildenhall.Too bad, if it is true, that there are no more air shows there.RH

Guest KemoF15

Outstanding!!! Great product...brought back so many memories...I parked in the same HAS' I did when I flew with 492FS...the attention to detail is superb...felt like I could climb down the ladder and walk back to my squadron!Flew numerous formation flights this evening...great fun. Here's a shot with me in trail taxi behind an F-15C (493FS) in front of my old squadron.492FSLakenheath.jpgThanks again!KemoF15 (former Bolar 1993-1996)

Guest yarvelling

Well....I've just downloaded and installed this scenery...what can I say??!! Brilliant...bloody brilliant! :)I do apologise for my earlier comment regarding missing hangers and control tower; as I mentioned at the time, it was hard to tell from the angles shown in the promo-video. Well, the hangers and holding area at the head of '24' ARE there, the gap in the fencing leading from the hangers to the taxi-ways (the gate closes when the day's flying is over), the forest of trees, etc...marvellous! It DOES indeed look as close as I'm sure can be possible, to the photo's that I've taken from the very same viewing area that is modelled in this scenery!Thank you for this scenery; it is without a doubt the most accurate available (all payware and freeware included!), and I DO hope that a forthcoming RAF Mildenhall is not too far away! :)