Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

TBM 700 sounds

Does anyone know where I can find a decent sound file for this great freeware aircraft?I'm not saying it's bad but the 'looping' on half to fullpower, is annoying.

Dave Taylor gb.png

If you have the Flight1 Pilatus PC-12 that is a good P&W PT-6 soundset you can alias to.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Mark, already done that and nothing found. Thats why I'm asking here.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave,Before the Feelthere Cessna 208 Caravan was released Leon "pancreas" Medado released this free sound package for the default Caravan. I think he has withdrawn it as freeware because I think Feelthere is using it now in their Caravan. I installed it in the default 208 and I have aliased any other PT-6 equiped airplanes to it. I did this to the TBM 700 because of the looping sound too. Maybe you have the Feelthere Caravan you can alias it to./// FS2004 TURBOPROP SOUND ENHANCEMENT PACKAGE, C208 and C208B/// SOUND.CFG modified from default by Leon "pancreas" Medado/// Please read the Disclaimer in the ReadMe file.

Guest wji

There is a model upgrade for the TBM-700 to the TBM-850.The original TMB-700 sound is o.k. for this plane but some of the alerts were a bit over-the-top for me so I've alias=F1_Meridiansound (payware PA46-500)The F1's PA46-500, Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-42A sound works well with the TMB model(s) and all the ####-and-knobs' sounds seem to work without the TMB sounds I found objectional.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/175701.jpg

wji, could you be so kind as to point the link for this upgrade? If it's for the one I am thinking of anyway. As far as I remember, work came to a screeching halt on the TBM700 (File name:tbm700_a.zip) at Avsim . The Dev was supposed to fix a few bugs and add VC gauge backlighting that Bill Leaming got working. It never happened, and I can't tell you how extremely let down I was. It has been in the hanger since. Is the VC the same in the upgraded 850?? Thanks a bunch. :)

Thanks for the idea. I have now successfully aliased the sound from the caravan and seems a lot better.The original engine sounds drove me mad 'looping' at full thrust.I would like to find this ' 850 upgrade' too please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Just following up as wji has vanished all of a sudden."There is a model upgrade for the TBM-700 to the TBM-850."Can anyone point to this mysterious upgrade? I can't seem to find it via searching the library. Much appreciated. :)

While we're working on finding the 850 I just wanted to confirm that there are only three or four texture sets available for the 700 and the HB-KFR is the most civilian looking scheme, is that correct?thanks

Also, I just read my post and the part where I said "wji has vanished all of a sudden"... I think that came across the wrong way. I meant that wji hasn't checked, or missed this thread as it kept going after that fact. Sorry about that. I tend to put the ol' foot in the mouth now and then. Daryll, I think you may be correct about the paints. I don't recall seeing too many. I never bothered with other paints as I was waiting for the VC fix that never came.

Thanks for the link. Will check it out. I have not seen this site before. Thank you again wji. :)

If anyone has gotten around to putting the TBM 850 and it's textures together, I preferred to replace the prop textures (helice.bmp)in the 850 textures with one in texture.1 of the TBM 700 which has softer edges.Now if we could only fly from the VC at night and see the panel.