Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

Quick question FS9 gurus....

Is there a way to set up two separate profiles for control sensitivity? I fly both the helos and the fixed wing A/C and need two different sensitivity settings but I don't want to have to come in and move sliders around everytime I change aircraft type. Any help would be appreciated... I'm also searhing the forums, haven't come across anything yet though. Thanks for your help!!!

You could do it by keeping 2 copies of your fs9.cfg, each with different sensitivities set up. You'd need to set up the heli sensitivities for example, then make a "Copy of fs9.cfg" and rename it something like fs9_heli.cfg. Then set up your fixed wing, do the same and name it fs9_fixed.cfg.Next make 2 copies of your desktop shortcut that you start FS9 with. Rename one of the copies something like "Start_heli" and the other "Start_fixed". Now right click the "Start_heli" shortcut and choose Properties. Edit the "Target" field so it reads:"C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9fs9.exe" /CFG:"C:Documents and SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFS9fs9_heli.cfg"(make sure that your paths and filenames are correct to both the fs9.exe and the .cfg files, of course needs to be changed to your log-in name. One space between fs9.exe" and the slash, and the quotes need to remain intact around the paths & filenames.)Edit the fixed wing shortcut similarly so that it points to your "fs9_fixed.cfg".Now when you want to fly helis, just double click the "Start_heli" shortcut and it should load the .cfg with the reduced sensitivities. "Start_fixed" should load your fixed wing sensitivities.Jim

OR:Use one Windows XP log in to fly fixed wing planesUse a second Windows XP log in to fly helicopters.Since Flight Simulator 9 uses separate .CFG files for each Windows XP log in they should be able to have independent settings.

Thanks for all the answers guys - I actually went with Jim's suggestions and it works like a charm, i'm kind of ticked i never asked about this before but it makes my simming much easier. I have three different cfgs i use, PMDG 747, Regular Fixed Wing, and Helicopter. I even think it's possible to set all my customized executables up in FS Autostart. Again thanks for the help!!

Been experimenting with command line switches a bit and found another one that works: /FLT:"%USERPROFILE%My DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesPrevious flight.FLT"It can be used in conjunction with the /CFG: switch above, which starts FS9 using the specified .cfg, bypassing the GUI and loading "Previous flight" directly.Here's the "Target" in it's entirety:"%ProgramFiles%Microsoft GamesFlight Simulator 9fs9.exe" /CFG:"%APPDATA%MicrosoftFS9VFR_high-scenery.CFG" /FLT:"%USERPROFILE%My DocumentsFlight Simulator FilesPrevious flight.FLT"I tried just making a shortcut to "Previous flight.FLT" and adding the /CFG: switch, but it was ignored. The flight loaded, but with the standard fs9.cfg rather than the "VFR_high-scenery.CFG" I had specified.Thought it might be a tidbit worth passing along.Jim