Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Missing runway lights...

Is there a keyboard key sequence that turns down, or turns off runway lights?I have no runway lights for the Toronto City Center airport. I don't know if I (by accident) hit a key sequence that turned off the lights or muted the intensity.Does anybody know?Another question, can you adjust the landing (runway) light intensity via the config file?Under the Landing_Lights, I have a value of 1. Should this be higher, or is 1=on and 0= off?Thanks in advance,Mitch

>Another question, can you adjust the landing (runway) light>intensity via the config file?>Ok, you can adjust the light(s) intensity via SCALAR power-user edits. I just did that.At Regional and smaller fields, is there a keyboard command or whatever that allows you to turn on the landing lights, or is it as per the real world, via a radio freq?Anybody know?ThanksMitch

If you are talking about the lights on the sides of the runway - in FS2004 the presence / lack of lights and their intensity is a property of runway scenery object. They can be changed with AFCAD if you wish.In the default CYTZ airport Rwy 8/26 has High edge lights and no centerline lights. It does have REILS end strobes on both runway ends. The runway also has a PAPI4 on Rwy 8 and a PAPI2 on Rwy 26.Rwy 15/33 has no edge or center lights and a PAPI2 on Rwy 15.Rwy 6/24 has no lights.I'm not aware of any PCL - Pilot Controlled Lighting - which is used in the real world in FS - though there may be an addon scenery with this effect. It's not a default FS capability.

Hello Reggie!Thanks for the comeback! I have NO lights at all on any runway at CYTZ. I know that there should be, but for some reason, I lost them all. I don't have a custom CYTZ AFCAD, but will look just in case. If PCL is not a native FS2004 asset, then I am truly S.O.L., lol.Pearson has them, Downsview has them, but nothing at the City Centre. Weird, huh?Mitch

Reggie, you're a life-saver! I really love flying into the City Centre, and after reading that airport lighting is controlled by the AFCAD, I added a custom CYTZ AFCAD---and now have all my ground lighting back.Thank you!Mitch