Sign in to follow this  
flyer32a

Reinstalling FS9

I recently suffered a corrupt file problem in Windows which prevented it loading on start up. In my ignorance I ran the restore disc,which wiped all my files including FS9 and all my add-ons. A local computer shop sorted out the initial problem and I am now up and running again. I have reinstalled FS9 from the original discs but all the default aircraft are a uniform grey and the scenery is almost nonexistent. Can anyone tell me what has happened? Am I restricted in reinstalling? If I can sort this out I can get started on getting back all my lovely add-ons!! Regards to all Reg

Thank you. Jim, for your excellent advice. I reinstalled the graphics card driver and Directx 9c and all is now well. I am about to start work on downloading as many of my addons as I can remember. I look forward to browsing the Avsim library again. Best wishes from Reg.