Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

Switching to GPS mode from VOR on DA Cheyenne

clicking the green VOR/ILS button on the dash doesn't seem to be working... I remember I did it once somehow. I pressedit and it switched to GPS (blue light)anyone have a clue why I can't get this to work? yes, i have a FP loaded on the GPS :)

Guest fastfreddy74

Directly from DA's forum:"The VOR/GPS switch in the Cheyenne works a bit different than the NAV/GPS switch used in the FS default aircraft. But it's nonetheless no problem:As soon as the NAV1 radio is tuned to an ILS frequency, the VOR/GPS switch changes to VOR and the autopilot's NAV mode no longer flies the GPS route but tries to intercept the ILS's localizer beam.It's not necessary that the NAV1 radio actually receives an ILS signal. A valid ILS frequency is enough.Valid ILS frequencies are between 108.10 and 111.95 and the decimal part starts with an odd digit:108.10, 108.15, 108.30, 108.35, 108.50, ..., 108.95, 109.10, 109.15, ..., 111.95"Bye! ;)