Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

FS Build vs. FS Navigator

As part of my fs experience, I currently use Radar Contact. In the RC manual, it has tutorials for both FS Build and FS Navigator for flight planning tools. Which do you prefer and why? Which has more features? Which is easiest to use? I am interested in creating trans Atlantic flights. I just need some input to decide which to consider.Thanks in advance!RH

helloFS commander is also worth a look

Both actually!FSBuild for building flightplans and FSNavigator for the function as a moving map (spatial awareness). FS Navigator also gives you instant access to all frequencies you need like ILS (and the inbound course), VOR, Comm radios and distances to whatever point on the map.I have to admit though that today I use more FSCommander than FS Navigator! While I prefer the interface of FS Navigator, FSCommander can be run from a second computer using WideFS and it also shows you VATSIM traffic and controllers. For me that's a BIG plus!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Thanks for the info. After I try FSB, I will consider FSN. I will have to take a close look at FSC, like the other guy mentioned, too.Thanks for the info!.RH

Guest tmond

Do you mean it shows you the vatsim traffic while you fly? I have FSC as well. Do you deal with the controllers? reason why I ask these questions is becuase i never really gave FSC a chance. I bought FSBUILD and my problem with that is that it limits your to certain aircraft, not everything you want to use. PLSE REPLY. Thanks:-)

Indeed, FSC shows you all Vatsim traffic as well as all controllers that are online. You also get extensive information regarding each flight by holding down the Ctrl-button and hovering with the mouse over the dot that makes up the airplane. One very good use with this is that you can check which gates/stands are free before you log on to vatsim. Also, if you like me easily gets lost while taxiing despite having charts and TrackIR, FSC makes it very easy to get your bearings. You see exactly where you are and where you should have been and the name of the taxiways!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------