Sign in to follow this  
Guest xrvjorn

Throttle mod for the TBM-700

Guest xrvjorn

The throttle of the freeware TBM 700 suffers a bit from 'ketchup bottle' characteristics (first there's nothing, then there's nothing, then you get it all at once). I've made a mod that makes it easier to control. Avsim link: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=106886 You'll also find it if you search the Avsim file library for "tbm smooth" (without the quotes). Short fix summary: - A fix for the 'ketchup bottle' throttle problem.- Torque gauge doesn't max out.- No blackout when toggling panel on/off with the W key.- Horizon now visible by default.- Missing rear navigation lights added (by Cirrus Productions)In addition, I've included instructions on how to turn your TBM 700 into a TBM 850 the quick & dirty way.It's all described better in the ReadMe.pdf (now that we're in the 2000's, a simple readme.txt won't do ;)). If you haven't got the TBM 700 by Michel Migaud, Cyril Breton et al, you should definitely try it! It's one of the best freeware models you can find. Happy flying!http://lh4.google.com/jorn.rr/RqD5Q6QkT0I/...800/TBM%201.jpgThe TBM 700 wearing Edward Cox' repaint.

nice! just out of curiousity, does it have a good quality VC to quench my TrackIR thirst? :)

Guest ThrottleUp

Thank you :) Im downloading it now!!!!!

Guest ThrottleUp

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- to turn the TBM 700 into a TBM 850 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Thats funny I was thinking the exact thing! Im gonna tweak the aircraft.cfg, I think the engine power needs to be bumped up if Im not mistaken, then the panel needs the glass treatment using FSP http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/grinser/...-smiley-028.gifSee:http://www.socata.eads.net/web/printout/en...0/41487401.html

Guest xrvjorn

>I downloaded the textures and the other files necessary to>turn the TBM 700 into a TBM 850 from:>>http://american-simflight.com/>>I was wondering if you could make your changes to the 850 air>file?No, I use my own 850 mod as described in my 700 throttle fix. >The Panel needs some VC back lit gaugesYes, indeed. It was actually fixed by someone at Eaglesoft (I think, but I've forgot his name) and sent to the TBM authors in late 2005 for incorporation in the TBM update. Unfortunately, the update never happened.

Guest DesiDude2007

Thank you. I am downloading it now. I noticed that ketchup problem too. Nice repaint you got there.

Anyone had trouble with viewing the panel options ie alternating between IFR view and land view. When I click on the icon in IFR mode to go into land view I get two panels showing. The top end of the IFR panel is sitting behind the land view panel. Any solutions much appreciated.

Hi Steeley, I had noticed this also. The only way at first was if I wanted the landing view (all I use) otherwise in VC all the time, I just hit either shift1 or shift2 to remove the unwanted layered view. The permanant fix I used was use the original panel with cfg. I don't think there were any changes made other than the view in this mod for the panel. I may be wrong, but I like the original panel to avoid this issue. Hope this helps.

Hi JeffI think you're right. I've tried the SHIFT 1 etc option but it can be a real pain so I too have reverted to the original panel with cfg. If I land in 2D I just raise the seat a little. But VC gets around the whole problem. Regards Steeley

Guest xrvjorn

>I don't think there were any changes>made other than the view in this mod for the panel.The torque gauge is changed too. It's recalibrated so that the needle doesn't park at 120% before you reach max torque. You can edit the original panel to use the modded gauge. OTOH, with the orig panel I get a blackout when toggling views with "W" and the horizon isn't visible by default. I don't know if the blackout problem is present on all systems, though.

Guest ThrottleUp

Anyone found an alternative soundset for this excellent plane?