Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

anyway to fix the AA 2x+ = black screen issue?

I'm trying to use more then just 2x AA for FS9, and as we all know, I'm getting the thing where its all black in the aircraft selection, and also if I pull up any kind of window, everything under is black (Fs passengers, F10, squawk box etc.)is there anyway to get around this, or do I have to downgrade back to 2x AA?

Emir, this is the first I've heard of this above 2X AA. You should be able to go to 4X without a problem. I use 8X AA as anything less looks bad IMO. It may be the driver you are using, but I've used several without issue at 4X. My 7900GTX card alllows me to select from 2X, 4X, or 8XMaybe someone else can add to this, but again, I've never seen this at 4X or below.

I'm having the same problem as well.I just can't seem to fix it either.

I am noticing this too now.Forceware 162.18 - Good AA at 8x but black box issues with Squawkbox and menu.XTremeG 162.18 - Better AA and performance, no black boxes but lose the AA when in Squawkbox or any other windowed mode. NHancer doesn't seem to help really. Starting to want my old X1800XT back. :-(

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

DO what I did. get rid of tha Nvidia piece of crap and get an ATi.I finally got so tired of there lack of response to a problem that has gone on for far to long.My Ati runs full AA and no black screens at all.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

I'm getting feed up with Nvidia as well, but you might be able to work around the problem. Set your card to 8XS AA and 16X Anisotropic filtering and make sure AA is unchecked in FS. You will get a black screen in all your menus, but try switching to 'windowed mode' by pressing 'alt-enter' and see if all your menus are restored. You can fly in this mode, but you will have the task bars at the top and bottom of the screen. Bummer! I don't use Squawkbox so I usually just switch back to 'full screen' mode after I have made my aircraft selection.My card is a 7950GT and I run at these settings with a decent frame rate (around 28 fps), even at 1600 X 1200 resolution (except with a PMDG aircraft in VC mode, then it goes down to 15 fps at times). I really wish Nvidia would listen to their customer's complaints and fix their drivers. Next computer I get will have a ATI card as well. Kim

hehe, thx for the replies guys. but I'm not just going to throw away a gfx card becasue 1 game doesn't support it well :)I could run it in windowed mode, but mehhhhhh :(