Sign in to follow this  
ecagan

IFly with SP3 issues - Insufficient Fuel

Hi all,I was very hopeful that with patch 3, I could get the aircraft to finally fly and follow a flightplan. I was able to follow all the normal procedures from a cold and dark setting but it appears that my flightplan has disappeared in my ND (although my route pages in my CDU say it's still there). I am also getting the dreaded Insufficient Fuel warning. I am flying from KEWR to KIAH with the following fuel load:Left Aux-80%Left-50%Center-60%Right-50%Right Aux-80%Center 2-20%I'm totally open to the fact that I messed up my fuel calcs or that I have loaded the aircraft correctly since I may have missed something in the guide but I cannot explain the Insufficient Fuel message. The aircraft is showing an average of over 50% fuel load. How come I am still receiving the Insufficient Fuel indications? Is that was caused my flight plan to disappear? I will have to test again but maybe I lost it when I entered in a departure runway.I would love to get this aircraft to work including the LNAV features. Has anyone had any luck with this aircraft? Thanks Eric

Guest Tomahawk674

Try messing with it some more, sorry I can't be more specific. I have done some test flights and everything seems to be fine. The one major bug I still notice is that the autopilot app intercept has to be very subtle, it won't intercept at like 30 degrees.Also, can you see the screens in your VC? mine are black after SP3. They work fine in 2D though...

I'll have to try it in VC mode. I only worked in 2D just to see if I could get it working. I'm wondering if using FSBuild to import the flight plan is the issue. I flew the same flight plan and built the plan manually into the CDU and didn't get any errors. I will try it again and import the flight plan to see if the errors reoccur.

Guest Tomahawk674

Please do check to see if your screens work in the VC. Mine stopped working after sp3, and I've triend just about everything, nothing works.

OK, I just flew from KSFO-PHNL. I imported the flight plan from FSBuild. I guessed at the fuel since I don't have this model put into FSBuild. For whatever reason, my flight plan was pretty messed up and I had to re-enter all the waypoints manually. After eliminating all the flight discontinuities, the Insufficient Fuel FMC error went away. In VC mode, I experienced no issues. All was as it should be. Off the top of my head, the directions for SP3 stated to remove SP1 and 2 from your computer and install SP3 from the original iFly aircraft download. You may want to attempt that if you haven't already. Now I'm happy:-) My next goal is to start repainting this aircraft since it is in sore need of some United colors!Eric

Guest Tomahawk674

Actually, that was how I installed it in the first place, I uninstalled everything, then did the base pack, then sp3.Man I need to fix this!

Did you check in the panel.cfg file itself to see if the gauges are actually there? Unlikely, but maybe the file got corrupted during installation? Although the readme says otherwise, I installed the service pack over my old install and it seems fine.

Guest Tomahawk674

Ok, I have narrowed it down to a gauge problem.The panel.cfg entries for sp 3 are identical to sp 2. So the problem lies in the .gau file itself. Now, the question is, what would make a gauge not display in the VC on my computer?I have an ATI X1800XT 512, tomorrow I'll see if there are catalyst driver updates and try that...

Guest Tomahawk674

I solved it!Install the latest FSUIPC.dll, version 3.75Just Google it, download it and you're done!