Sign in to follow this  
Guest carmadmike

Downloads?

Guest carmadmike

Hi, im new to the fs series, as im new i decided to buy fs2004 instead of fsx to start me off, i have ordered the game and it should arrive tomorrow.All i want to know is how much on average is it to download a plane? where is the best place to find them?can you have cars as i have seen them on a video on youtube?I am thankfull for all your help on these topicsmike.

Avsim has quality downloads, for planes FREE, we got scenery, airports, ground, upgrades, panels,sounds if you do want paywareget Captain sim 757-200Level D 767Wilco/Feelthere CRJ-200Flytampa St. maarten and KBOSand manyyyyyy more

Guest carmadmike

thanks, this is a big forum, can you please give me a link to the page with the downloads on, and do they take up alot of space or only a small filethat would be a great help thanks

http://www.avsim.com/ the file library link is at the top of the page on the left-ish.you will need to creat a new log-in for the file library.the flightsim.com file library is also good. this library is more 'hidden' so here is the direct link to the menu page of flighsim.comhttp://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/forum.htmthe file library links are on the right side about 1/2 way down.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>Avsim has quality downloads, for planes FREE, we got scenery,>airports, ground, upgrades, panels,sounds if you do want>payware>>get Captain sim 757-200>Level D 767>Wilco/Feelthere CRJ-200A word to the wise with regards to payware...do your research first. Products like the above-recommended Captain Sim 757 have plenty of smoke surrounding them in the forums to determine that they're crap before you waste your money. The FeelThere CRJ is pretty old and not up to modern standards as well.CAVEAT EMPTOR...let the buyer beware. There are more than enough outfits that'll take your money and leave you with a poor product and/or poor support...among those on my $#!+ list are Ariane, Captain Sim, Wilco (and by proxy FeelThere), FSD, and Perfect Flight. And on the other end of the spectrum, Flight1 has a 30-day no-questions-asked refund policy on products sold via their download wrapper. In addition to FLight1 itself, a number of developers sell products via the Flight1 wrapper.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

As Bob said, be very careful what you buy. Whilst there are some great addons out there, there are also some terrible ones :-lol.

I'd agree 100% with what Bob just said. Before you buy anything, do a bit of research, read what other people say (look around the AVSIM forums for a start) and don't rush into anything.There are some great freeware aircraft, sceneries, etc to get you going - mostly available here. A good place to start looking is in 'This year's hot files' here in the file library.From my personal point of view, as far as payware is concerned, I'm very happy with the PMDG B744, SCDS Yak40, Active Sky 6.5 (weather) and German airports Team EDDF.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)