Sign in to follow this  
Guest ChrisHan

AI lighting at dusk

Guest ChrisHan

Hi,does AI Aircraft have window and logo lighting only at night?I would like to have that already at dusk and dawn. Can one change that somewhere in the fs9 config files?Thanks for any hints, Chris

Guest ChrisHan

Hi,thanks for answering.Yes,I saw that effect in the meantime at some AI Aircraft too,esp. Evolveai and FSP, but there were AIA 747s that are dark while taxiing, just light up just before they roll on the runway, with cabin light, logo and landing lights, fly a little with full lights and the become all dark again.Is there any documentation how to influence that behaviour?Chris

It's controlled by the alpha channel on the lightmap. Black on the alpha will cause the corresponding area of the lightmap to show when any lights are on, white on the alpha will only light up when the landing lights are on.There's a "hidden" tutorial on the evolveAI site:http://www.evolveai.com/tutorials/lightmaps.htmlJim

Guest ChrisHan

Thanks,I think thats what I have been looking for.Chris