Sign in to follow this  

Flight scenery's Runway as default runway in FS9

Hey,I purchased Flight scenery's KPDX airport a while ago and i really was amazed by the detail of the runways on KPDX.I wish to apply this runway textures in ALL of my FS9 default airfields... is such thing possible ?

Nope... unfortunately you can't... The FlightScenery runway textures are custom made for each scenery and it's not possible to substitute them for the default...Sorry!- Alex

There are most likely a couple of packages floating around in the library that replace the default with more realistic textures. You would have to do a search as I don't recall what they are. Someone else may chime in with the answer to this. One comes to mind is AEU7 which includes buildings as well by Chris Arrington. One thing to keep in mind however, this version caused some annoying stuttering for some users. What I used to do is just take the runway and taxiway textures and use them only. Just make sure you back up your originals first. The file names are the same, so just check the package and then find the originals with the same name to back up. Anyway, this was his last project before real life obligations pulled him away for sometime now. I do hope he comes back to release his next version one day. I hope this helped. :)