Sign in to follow this  
Guest Keyno-onyeK

nHancer for FS9 settings

Guest Keyno-onyeK

HiJust installed this nice little program. If anyone has a system close to mine, what are your nHancer settings.P4 3.02GeForce 7800GS AGP 8X 256MB 93.71 ForcewareDriver Version 6.14.10.9371Gateway 24in at native 1920x1200And what do you think of nHancer.thanks

Guest blaster331

Greetings Rob'Its a tweak program for Nvidia card drivers.IMHO riva turner is a great program available at 3dGuru.comBest regardsAndrew

nhancer made my FS9 night and day better.Seems the latest drivers lock out AA on FS9 with 8800 cards, but using nHancer to delete the fs9 preset and making a new one with AA active worked great.

I've also installed enhancer and would like some info on the best way to set it up.Dave FisherCYYZP4 Prescott 3.2e 478p 800mhz 1mg CPUP4P800SE Asus Motherboard2.5 gig PC3200 DDR RAM 400MHZGeForce 7600GT/512 OC'dMaxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD x2WDC WD800 80 Gig HDAntec 500watt true powerSharp 19 inch LCD MonitorSaitek AV8R-01 Joystickhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpg

Guest wayupthere

Have a go with these, just change the AA/AF (*)values to what suits your system best, but do the optimizations as mentioned.Uncheck AA inside FS9 and use trilinear filter in FS9 or Anisotropic in FSXEnhancement:AA:Combined *XSGamma correctionAF: *XOptimization:Texture Filtering - High qualityTrilinear Optimize - OffAniso sample optimize - OffNegative LOD BIAS - Clamp

I just bought a similar video card as the OP (see specs in my signature) and have been generally disappointed with it, compared to my ATI. Late last night I thought I might (once again) see if I could get a performance boost from yet another driver update, so I took a shot and downloaded the latest driver set from nVidia -- 162.18 WHQL July 26, 2007. Right away I had the same old AA and AF problems all of the latest drivers have always given me.Then I followed the advice of the thread referenced above, which was actually discussed in an earlier thread, and all my problems are finally solved, with the added bonus of better detail and a few more FPS to boot. My AA and AF settings are both only at 4x and my PNY card is clearer than ever.I highly recommend this fix, and an grateful to those here with more experience than I who have been willing to help.Chuck B.

I've just setup enhancer using the settings you've suggested, but I've now lost the aircraft images on the setup screen and "choose an aircraft" screen. Any suggestions on how this happened.Dave F.

DaveThat's an nvidia quirk. Setting either AA or AF (I forget which one) to 4 and over stops you seeing the preview of the plane. If you close the SIM in windowed mode the next time you start it you will see the preview planes again, you can then switch to full-screen mode to fly. Unfortunately you need to close in windowed mode each time you close the SIM.Hope this helpsPeter Hayes