Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

add on fms

Is anyone aware of a add on fms that works with fs9, and that one can create flight plans for using fsnav or fsbuildthank you in advancePeter K P.EngCF-MMZToronto Ontario CanadaPMDG 747,737and 747FLevel D 767PSS Airbus pro A340-300In reality, a Mooney 201 Pilot

Yeah the guy who made FSBuild makes some gauges that act like an FMS.www.isgsim.comJeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>>vasFMC is an outstanding freeware alternative:>>>>http://vas-project.org/>>>>* Orest>>>Thank you all for the assistance>>PeterI'm probably shooting myself in the foot for saying this.But something to check out is MirageWorks being developed by a guy in Japan. Similar concept to my ISG1 product.http://mirage.orz.ne.jp/fsdev/The curent Alpha version is free, It's not clear what his final plans are to be freeware or payware. I've tried it, and it definitely needs some more work, but I've been impressed by what he's done so far.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest excelion

Hi.>The curent Alpha version is free, It's not clear what his>final plans are to be freeware or payware. I've tried it, and>it definitely needs some more work, but I've been impressed by>what he's done so far.I will never charge for non-commercial use :-)I need to work more to finish it, but beta and RC are near.Regards,Yasutoshi Morihttp://mirage.orz.ne.jp/fsdev/

Guest mikealpha

Whow, very nice !I'm a happy user of the very reliable isgsim gauges, but only the LNAV functionality in Turboprops. I found the VNAV functionality not really useful (too much stall dangerous).The Mirage FMC fits very well to bigger Airliners, e.g. a DC-10. I like the ability to define weight and speed dependent climb rates for VNAV, that leads to a nice VNAV profile.Now, if I could add the proposal for both, it would be to make the bitmaps available outside the gauges. So one could colour-match them to existing panels. I know, there are utilities out there to do this (Someone has done it for isgsim/Saab 340), but having the bitmaps directly editable would be much easier.Ernie, hope your long announced Smith style FMC will sometime see the light.Mike

So, I bought the isgsim gauge so that I could try the fms and installed it in the fs stock lear jet.Now I have a big blank panel in the learjet, not gauge just a blank screen, I thought I followed the instruction?Help please , thoughts?Peter

Guest mikealpha

Peter,check each WindowXX entry in your panel.cfg, they might contain file entries with an invalid path, e.g. stuff like that :file=../../airplane/panel/Bitmapname.bmp worked for me to change this to :file=Bitmapname.bmp Mike

>I'm a happy user of the very reliable isgsim gauges, but only the >LNAV functionality in Turboprops. I found the VNAV functionality >not really useful (too much stall dangerous).In VNAV for this version of ISG1 does not include speed control, all this version of ISG1 VNAV does is adjust your descent rate toremain on the descent path based on your current airspeed. So it shouldn't cause a stall unless you're assuming Vnav is controlling the speed which it is not. >Now, if I could add the proposal for both, it would be to make the >bitmaps available outside the gauges. So one could colour-match >them to existing panels. I know, there are utilities out there to >do this (Someone has done it for isgsim/Saab 340), but having the >bitmaps directly editable would be much easier.ISG does have 'NB' versions of the EHSI and EADI with no bitmap backgounds so you can place them on top of the bitmap of your choice. For gauges that have button functions (like the MFD) this is difficult to support as the hot areas for the function buttons are mapped to the bitmap inside the gauge. It would not be possible to replace the bitmap outside of the method you described above.>Ernie, hope your long announced Smith style FMC will sometime see >the light.You'll see it probably by Sep 1st, there's not a lot left to do. This Smith's style FMS will also provide speed control with VNAV.the current GNSXLS style FMS will remain as is with only vert speed control.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

>So, I bought the isgsim gauge so that I could try the fms and>installed it in the fs stock lear jet.>>Now I have a big blank panel in the learjet, not gauge just a>blank screen, I thought I followed the instruction?>>Help please , thoughts?>>PeterIf its blank its probably due to a panel.cfg setting as Mike has suggested. But if you like feel free to send me your panel.cfg file via email or via an ISG1 forum post, and I'll be glad to helpyou with this.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

>>I'm a happy user of the very reliable isgsim gauges, but>only the >LNAV functionality in Turboprops. I found the VNAV>functionality >not really useful (too much stall dangerous).>>In VNAV for this version of ISG1 does not include speed>control, all this version of ISG1 VNAV does is adjust your>descent rate to>remain on the descent path based on your current airspeed. So>it shouldn't cause a stall unless you're assuming Vnav is>controlling the speed which it is not. >>>Now, if I could add the proposal for both, it would be to>make the >bitmaps available outside the gauges. So one could>colour-match >them to existing panels. I know, there are>utilities out there to >do this (Someone has done it for>isgsim/Saab 340), but having the >bitmaps directly editable>would be much easier.>>ISG does have 'NB' versions of the EHSI and EADI with no>bitmap backgounds so you can place them on top of the bitmap>of your choice. For gauges that have button functions (like>the MFD) this is difficult to support as the hot areas for the>function buttons are mapped to the bitmap inside the gauge. It>would not be possible to replace the bitmap outside of the>method you described above.>>>Ernie, hope your long announced Smith style FMC will sometime>see >the light.>>You'll see it probably by Sep 1st, there's not a lot left to>do. This Smith's style FMS will also provide speed control>with VNAV.>the current GNSXLS style FMS will remain as is with only vert>speed control.>>Regards.>Ernie.>>Well I really appreciate all of the assistance here, I have been a long time fs9 user and can find my way around most mods etc. But config changes like panelchanges etc, elude me. So I will send you a little pic of the situation. My objective is to be able to add a fms to stock fs aircraft so that when I export from fsbuild ( I love that program) I can import my route and fly online ( vatsim) with a properly configured FMS. Thanks again.Peter

Guest mikealpha

Ernie,>In VNAV for this version of ISG1 does not include speed>control, all this version of ISG1 VNAV does is adjust your>descent rate to>remain on the descent path based on your current airspeed. So>it shouldn't cause a stall unless you're assuming Vnav is>controlling the speed which it is not. I know it has no speed control, but I meant climb. I have tried to fiddle around with the values, but either the VS below 10000 is too low or too high at Climb speed above 10000. In the latter case it is stall dangerous, because close to cruise altitude, with the available thrust and the fixed, but too high VS the plane can't hold the climb speed anymore, eventually causing a stall.Of course one would interfere then, but that's not what I would call VNAV.But to say again, I'm quite happy with the LNAV functionality in my Turboprops, works great. VNAV is probably hard to adjust with only limited data, so no complaint here.>ISG does have 'NB' versions of the EHSI and EADI with no>bitmap backgounds so you can place them on top of the bitmap>of your choice. For gauges that have button functions (like>the MFD) this is difficult to support as the hot areas for the>function buttons are mapped to the bitmap inside the gauge. It>would not be possible to replace the bitmap outside of the>method you described above.Yes, I meant to colour match the EHSI Control and the FMS itself to existing panel colour. Thanks for the info though.>You'll see it probably by Sep 1st, there's not a lot left to>do. This Smith's style FMS will also provide speed control>with VNAV.>the current GNSXLS style FMS will remain as is with only vert>speed control.That's great news, thanks !Mike

>I know it has no speed control, but I meant climb. I have tried to >fiddle around with the values, but either the VS below 10000 is too >low or too high at Climb speed above 10000. In the latter case it >is stall dangerous, because close to cruise altitude, with the >available thrust and the fixed, but too high VS the plane can't >hold the climb speed anymore, eventually causing a stall.Mike,I'm probably not understanding fully, but the speed entries result in a calculated FPA (flight path angle). Really you could leave all the other speed settings blank and just set the FPA value in the .cfg file.As your speed increases, to stay on that FPA VNAV will decrease the descent rate to stay on the FPA. When you go below 10000 ft (I'm assuming a speed reduction to 250 kts ) VNAV should then increase the descent rate to stay on the FPA.What you are describing (if I'm reading correctly) is actually the opposite, which shouldn't be the case.Really I'd have to see your ISG (aircraft).cfg settings to help further, and perhaps this should also be continued on the ISG forum.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg