Sign in to follow this  
Guest w8n

Add keyboard assignments

Guest w8n

I would like to assign keystrokes to a couple features I don't find in controls/assignments:display/hide GPStaxi lights on/offbeacon on/offI don't see an entry in the controls/assignments area for any of these. The panel icons/switches work fine, but I'd prefer a structure allowing push-button access from a yoke. Along with the beacon feature, on the default Cessna 172, if I click the panel switch, I get both wing strobe and the tail beacon. If I keystroke "o", I only get the wing strobes. The 747 has separate panel switches that work for the strobe and beacon, but the beacon can only be controlled from the panel switch, the strobe is good with "o". Gotta be a way to get to the strobe command...Is there a way to add a control/assignment to the list, another way to access the commands, or did I miss an obvious method? I'm very comfortable with editing even down to byte level, so bring on the solutions. Just let me know what file(s) and where they are.Any words of wisdom are appreciated in advance. Thanks for your time and for these forums!

Pete Dowson (of FSUIPC fame) has on his site documentation on all the FS control assignments. You need to get all the files, not just the one for FS9 because they are cumulative.scott s..

Add these events to the [KEYBOARD_MAIN] section of your fs9.cfg:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS=75,8TOGGLE_BEACON_LIGHTS=74,10Use the "K" key for taxi lights and "CTRL+J" for beacon. I would have used more logical key assignments but everything that made sense (CTRL+T, T, SHIFT+T, B, CTRL+B, etc.) was already in use.For the GPS window, just use SHIFT+1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 or 9. SHIFT+3 toggles the GPS in the default Skyhawk, it will vary from plane to plane.Jim