Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndyWebber

Project Fokker - Flashing airport textures when using F70/100

Hello,I recently upgraded my 2600+, 1gb ram and fx5500 with an AM2 4200+, 2gb RAM and 8500GT.Since then all my aircraft and scenery work fine, except when I load up project fokker aircraft which are my favourite :(. I'm ataching a pic with the issue. Please note that when there is a "flash" there is also a "lag" in the simulation. Has anyone had this problem before? Searched and saw nothing of this nature. I tried the 737PIC, 767 Level-D 737 PMDG, 747 PMDG and other free and payware aircraft but only the Project Fokker has this problem. I love my little fokker and I want my little fokker back :(Thanks in advance to any advise to come. Rgds,Andy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've found that when FS9 is open, I go to task manager and right-click on FS9.exe. Then "Set Affinity" and remove the 2nd core and all works ok. Is there a better way for this? Will removing the second core loose performance? I would think not as FS9 only uses 1 core. Rgds,Andy

Andy, I have experienced this too sometimes. Usually after I have loaded an new aircraft without re-booting my p.c.Another time was while using the C.S. C-130 after two hours in multiplayer. That was caused by my video card overload.Try locking the frame rates to 25fps?