Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

FS9 - Still Crazy after all these years...

I haven't been posting much, but wanted to take a moment to again give a nod to FS9 as well as all of those who've supported it-- freeware developers, payware developers, forum members, and Avsim. I hadn't "flown" the sim in some time but took the time this weekend to get absorbed in the sim for twelve hours. It's still a classic IMHO. So much so I struggled to decide what aircraft to fly, what time of day to set, and time of year to enjoy my simulated flight under. It's a great sim, and a great break from the stress in life. Kudos to all--for providing add ons to the sim and for sharing their thoughts to read in this forum.Regards, John

Hi John, As a relatively new member I thought I would echo your thoughts and say that the few times I have posted it has been to ask for help,and help has always been forthcoming. I am amazed at the amount of goodwill our hobby generates and long may it continue. My best wishes to all the lads who make the wonderful aircraft that we enjoy flying so much. Reg

Hi JohnMy sentiments exactly. I got excited when FSX came out, started developing aircraft for it but found too many problems for me and my system to contend with. Removed FSX and went back to FS9 which I really enjoy.I am present doing more flying than developing because I am getting so much pleasure from FS9. I finally bought FSUIPC rather than the free version, combined it with FSMetar (freeware) and download metars each day (store them on the computer). Downloaded Yohann Baptiste'd Europe LOD9 mesh (freeware) and made Switzerland my base. I fly my Pilatus PC6 all over the place 30-60 minute flights at reasonably low altitude AGL. Amend airports with AFCAD (to add in parking), use Jon Masterson's Library Object Manager (which taps into EZ libraries)to add in buildings and other objects, then GA Traffic to fill the parking spots, plus I have now added in a whole raft of ATC chatter as wav files and play them in the background as a playlist via Classic Media Player. I am in flying heaven.CheersMike

>Word!Errr which one?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Just adding to my thread, Sunday (the 5th) was one of the most satisfying days I've had with FS9 since I installed it. I was supposed to hook up with someone from my office, one of our developers who is also into MSFS and flying Microlights, on a multiplayer flight. But he couldn't participate, and I wanted to enjoy a flight with Microlight Traffic around. Then I remembered Matthais' great recorder tool, which can record your flights and play one or more back as AI traffic. Well, I was in heaven. I recorded several UL flights around Bozeman and flew in skies with Microlights everywhere. It added so much to the realism and I was also stunned that fps didn't suffer as I thought it might. Dollar for Dollar FS-9 has been the best entertainment I've ever owned, after my lovely wife and daughter, who both came with no strings attached. :)Regards,John

Guest jgreth123

Hear hear! :)FS9 still breathes life on this end as well and will continue to do so for awhile. I was going to plan on upgrading my PC in Feb/Mar (tax time) but I think I'm going to get something I've wanted for much longer; a sport motorcycle. I'm 31 and not a crazy kid who wants to showboat so no need for lectures on how dangerous they are. :) As far as 'other' drivers... well there's only so much I can do. When it's my time, it's my time. Back on topic, FS9 will be on my box for quite some time to come.

>but I think I'm going to get something I've wanted for much>longer; a sport motorcycle. I'm 31 and not a crazy kid who>wants to showboat so no need for lectures on how dangerous>they are. :) Jeff that was my great love before I discovered Flightsim.Machines were; Triumphs, Nortons, Honda 500-4 Kawasaki GPZ1100, Suzuki GSXR1100.Wish I could still ride as well as run a four wheeler but too expensive now for me.I still have my racing leathers and helmet though ready for any good luck that comes my way. ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png