Sign in to follow this  
Guest blaster331

Blue Sky Scenerys and Fly Tampa airports

Guest blaster331

Greetings all,Can BlueSky be used with FlyTampa's airport? I have KSFO and would like to use the high res scenery for Sanfransisco but I am not sure if they will meshThanksAndrew

Andrew,Not sure if my lousy english is failing to grasp the meaning of your question. But mesh does not have an negative impact on photoscenery. The only problem could be that you have to disable the photorealistic ground image from KSFO (if possible) and hoping that Gotfried's scenery and/or flyTampa's objects are properly aligned.I guess it's a case of experimenting and see if it works. I believe that Megascenery California series and Gotfried Razek stuff do line up nicely.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest blaster331

Hi Rob,sorry, I shouldn't have used the word mesh.I meant will they go together,but you answered my question.I will give it a try and see if it lines upBest regardsAndrew

HI Andrew..I'm not entirely sure that you can use the BlueSky photo scenery with the FlyTampa KSFO - mostly because of alignment issues - but I DO know that the BlueSky scenery will kill the autogen around the airport - from what I understand, it doesn't include autogen, so in a sense, it's like throwing a "photorealistic blanket" over the entire area. It's just "flat photoscenery" buildings, but no real 3D scenery... I do, however, know that MegaScenery No. California works BEAUTIFULLY with the FlyTampa KSFO scenery... because I use it myself.. PLUS.. you don't loose the autogen with MegaScenery.I realize that BlueSky is freeware, so that may play a part in your choice... but if you can affor it, MegaScenery + FlyTampa gives a much better "overall" rendition of San Francisco Int'l Airport and the entire Bay areaHope that helps!- Alex

I think maybe the Blue Sky "hi res" stuff can interfere (may depend on scenery priority order). Also at night I find it better to turn off Blue Sky and use UT USA night lighting.since it's free, give it a shot and see how it works for you.scott s..

>I think maybe the Blue Sky "hi res" stuff can interfere (may>depend on scenery priority order). Also at night I find it>better to turn off Blue Sky and use UT USA night lighting.>>since it's free, give it a shot and see how it works for you.>>scott s.>.>Oh yeah... that's the other thing... with BlueSky scenery, there's only one season and no night textures.. :-(Again.. it's freeware and looks GREAT during the day... but it has its drawbacks too!- Alex

However if it's alinged and you might have MegaScenery you can use the agn files from MegaScenery for autogen :)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

I think the megascenery autogen fiels would only work with the bluesky low res (_LR) files, which should just duplicate megascenery. I don't think they will work with the high res (_HR) files.scott s..

Guest blaster331

I recieved an email tonite from Mr Razek saying that his scenery is compatible w/ FT KSFO. He goes on to say that Bluesky should have a higher prioriyy then the airport and Mega scenery a lower priority then the airport.Guess maybe I'll try it outThanks allAndrew