Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

FS9 ATC not working, Please help. .

Hi Gang,below is a post that I have put in the TTools section, but not had any help.Hi Gang,I'm trying to work out weather it is AES or myself that seems to have done something with the default ATC in FS9.I made a back up copy of my traffic bgl file first, then used it to alter some aircraft landing and taking off parameters.I changed a few of the boring standard AI planes for a few of the payware ones I have.but now I can't seem to get the ATC window to open.I have the three boxes checked in the fs menu, and still it won't work.so, do you think this is AES which I have just removed, or something to do with my AI things.I did read up on several tutorials,and the AI do perform flawlessly, and I used AFCAD and TTools to do it.any thoughts would be most welcome.Thanks,What I have now done is to completely remove the AES, and put the original Traffic file back in to FS9, but the ATC is still not working, I do have it set back to the default key, and it is checked on the "automaticaly open ATC window" option, but it's still not working.Does anyone have any suggestions at all please.Many thanks.

Hi,yes, I have made sure that I have power etc.Thanks,any other thoughts, this is very strange, and there mustr be a rason for it.

Hi,I just tried that, and still no luck.Thanks for the suggestion though.

Hello Have you looked at this section of your FS9 CFG.FILE.[ATC]AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1UsePilotVoice=1ShowATCText=1PilotVoice=196608[FSTraffic2004::Explorer]update_rate=1000window_pos=00000000,00000000,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0gridlines=0That is from mine and with these settings ATC window displays.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi Andy,I tried that, but still no joy.I have just tried to open the ATC window using the button displayed on the panel of the default learjet, but it still refuses to open.I have no idea whats happened here, and shudder at the thought of having to uninstall and reinstall everything to fix this.Thanks anyway.

Hello I sympathise with you.Sometimes being a Sim fan can test mental stability to breaking point:-eek Have you tried deleting you FS9 CFG and letting FS rebuild a new one?.I apologise if my ideas seem a bit basic and idiot,but in these circumstances its best to try all avenues.I even tried a google query but no joy there either.Hope you get it sorted.We could do with a problem solved forum,where people have had particular irritating nasties (like yours) and where they could post there solutions in case other users have similar problems.cheers AndyPS I had a similar glitch(to many problems) not with ATC window but a 757 panel,where the icon to open the overhead panel worked fine at first but then decided it was just not going to work but strangely it WOULD open from the keyboard.Anyway it seems to be okay now,but that is just another example of the the strangeness of FS.Have you tried a system restore to a point before your installation of AES? by the way what is AES?cheers

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

I am using Radar Contact and at one point in the past, i disabled MS ATC in FSUIPC, it took me a while to remember when i wanted to have taxi directions on landing (wich unfortunately, RC does not provide)hope this helpAlain

Thanks for the suggestions guy's,Andy, I will try the cfg as soon as I make a back of my current one just in case, and thanks again for the suggestion.And I agree with you entirely about the problem and answer forum, what a great idea.This would save all the "searches" which at times are very difficult unless you get the search criteria correct to begging with. Alain, I will also check my FSUIPC Settings (Registered) and see if I have indeed checked something that I had forgotten about.AES is Aerosofts airport enhancement services, which is very very good, but it's early days yet, so it does not cover that many airports just yet, but the ones it does cover give you a full 3d marshaler, and a tug and service fleet etc.it's very nice, but I am from the UK, so I have all 8 parts of Mr Summonses scenery's, and the extreme airports too, but he will not get together with the creator of AES for various reasons, so my sceneries are out of the loop on AES.I will let you all know how things go either way.and thanks again for the suggestions all.

Well, would you believe it, I now have the ATC working fully.Alain was spot on with his suggestion.I noticed this in the FSUIPC ini file, a line of text toward the bottom that stated " RemoveATC=YES " I changed this to NO and all is well.Andy, I did this before I rebuilt the cfg file, so I saved myself a bit of time there, bu we need that section here in the forums that you suggested.Thank you to all who replied to this thread, you are all scholars, doesn't this just show what can be accomplished when a few people get their heads together to try and solve a problem, and it also shows how ready people are to help others in this community.A pity we can't solve some of our other real world problems in this manner.All the best.

Glad i could help, it is the first time i do so, even tough i surf this forum since 2004..:-wave It is about time i give back a little:-shy