Sign in to follow this  
Guest kingairvols

I hope this is simple?

Guest kingairvols

Hello,I have the following add ons other than add on scenery from the generous authors here my payware includes FSG all mesh ect, UT USA, and BEV all season's. I have also had the "sandwitch" in the add on scenery section as discribed in the commercial review area on this great site.Here is what happens, I start up the Sim per all the instructions and after about 5 mins to 15 mins (It is always unpredicable) the Computer just seems to freeze up. There is also a rather high pitched sound over the speakers when this happens.To fix the problem I must restart the Computer with the button on front of the tower as the mouse and any key strokes are also "frozen".This is the very basic way that I know of to discribe the issue.I have tried re-installing, De-frag ect.. as well as took the Computer to a shop to have a new hard drive installed (thus the re-install). No other program dose this type of behavior and I am really at a loss. I sure could use some advise.I hope I did an adequate job in summing the issue.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Hey Mark; Check the Num Lock and Caps lock key lights: if you are unable to turn them on or off when the problem occurs - then it's very likely a hardware issue - and probably pointing to a failed memory dimm.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest Svend

Hi Mark,Same problem here but only with one AC Captainsim C-130.//Svend

Guest kingairvols

Hello PualJ and Svsnd.1st. I am unsure what a "failed memory dimm" is. I had both hard drives replaced, all new V cards and the kingston mem sticks ect ect the only thing left would be the mother board. I guess the other would be the P4 chip, other than that well I am at the end of my rope as in ready to get a new machine some time later this year. Also, yes when it freeze happens the keyboard and mouse also are frozen.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel