Sign in to follow this  
andreasft

FS9 + Vista = Memory Leak

Ive just installed FS9 on my Vista PC. Running a core2duo E6600, 2 gig memory i would assume this would be a hassle free operation.After testing, i have found out that FS9 is taking lots of memory.This is just when i am close to addon scenery.The memory usage starts at 350mb, then increasing to 1,5 GB! in 10-15 minutes.When moving away from the addon-airport scenery, the memory load stops increasing, but does not decrease.To me this seems like a memory leak.I am thinking about reinstalling WinXP so i can use FS9, but if anyone got any suggestions on what can cause this i would be a happy fella.Tested with default cessna.Cloud9 Amsterdam - Memory leak and CTD.UK2000 EGLL - Memory leak and CTD.Dream Factory Brussels - Memory leak and CTD.Help?! :)

Guest Tu154captain

Hey there,I'm running FS9 on an AMD dual core 5000+ under Vista32, and being very happy with it. I had CTDs only because with my zillions of addons, I simply forgot to install the FS9.1 update. I had CTDs at an isec near Cyprus, around Athens, Saloniki, etc. and all problems are gone after installing the update. My memory usage is around 80 % constantly, and i'm having only 1 G RAM.Do you have the update installed?Cheers and good luck!

I solved this.Had the same problem in WinXP.Found out that a single landclass file that i had put into the addon sceneryscenery folder was eating the memory.Dunno why, but have read some threads about others having problems with single .bgl files without textures.