Sign in to follow this  
palafox

Duplicated NDBs

HiMaybe this is a well known fact a thousand times asked and answered...The question is that in a recent flight over NE Spain mainland, as I was playing with the GPS I suddenly realized there were 2 or 3 duplicated entries in the "Nearest NDB" list (eg.: PL - Perpignan, 351.0 KHz, GRN - Girona, 412.0 KHz). For each pair of duplicated entries, the information was exactly the same, maybe the name of the facility was different. I blamed an add-on scenary I have installed recently, but disabling it was of no use. As the scenery made a modification in an original FS9 file (SceneryEurwSceneryNV9EURW0.BGL), I restored it from an installation in another PC, but it remained the same. Is this a feature or is there something wrong with my databases?Thanks in advance,JAMMPS - Is there any tool that can list the manifest or contents of each and every file in the sceneries databases?

I think it is not unusual to have an NDB in the NV9 files, and the same NDB listed as a terminal NDB in the appropriate AP9 airport file. I don't know if this is a bug, or maybe required for NDB approaches. It may also be related to NDBs that are part of an outer marker. Maybe some one knows the true answer.Your second question, there is no tool that will do that for all scenery database files. LWMViewer2 does a pretty good job for terrain related scenery. Super Flight Planner includes a data base tool that will extract most navigation related data out of the files. The FSX Scenery Design Engine tool can also convert FS9 files in bglcomp format to xml, which can be reviewed (and you could develop a database backend from it I guess).scott s..

when you look in the SDK for bglcomp, you will see that there is an element called TERMINAL_NDB. My guess is the intent was that this was to be used for what in the US, anyway, is an NDB associated with the outer marker beacon, called a compass locator (COMPASS_POINT in ths SDK). VORs don't have this feature, though there is a type = TERMINAL for VORs.In AFCAD2 the NDB properties dialog has a checkbox that can be used to set the NDB as terminal.scott s..