Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Battery Life

Hi guys, is there a way to increase the FS9 battery life so it will not die on my at the gate before engine starts? Could there be a way to have "non-stop" battery power?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest rnj slinger

yes there is a solution, you could use fsuipc, i think even the freeware version has a possibillity to extend battery live.I don't know his internet site, but search for Peter dowson. RickPent 4 3.0ht 2048mb asus p4c800hd 200gb maxtor maxtor 7200 rpmclub3d 1950 pro agp 25621"IIyama crt19" relisys crtwin xp sp2 CH yoke + pedals + throttle Quadrant+ 1dell 1hp laptop for asv6.5+GePro etcPmdg73/74Pax/F B1900c/d Lds 767+ 1dell 1hp laptop for asv etc

bill:in the aircraft.cfg file add this entry under the {electrical} section -ELECTRIC_ALWAYS_AVAILABLE=1all the aircraft's electrical items will continue to work even though the voltage meters will show the batteries have 'died'.as already stated you can add FSUIPC (http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html) ... BUT, you need to purchase the payware version to use the 'unlimited battery' function in peter's module.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Thanks, will try it out.Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

It seems to work a bit longer than usual, however it eventually died and I had to reload the aircraft to get life in on the battery.Thanks,Bill

Try this in the [Electrical] section of your aircraft.cfgadditional_system=0, 1, 16.0Fred

Ill give that a shot, but what does it do?Thanks Fred,Bill

HelloI think you get about twenty minutes of battery life,so perhaps if you could startup your engines a bit quicker you wouldn't have to worry about flat batt.If on the other hand you are preparing your flight and want to make sure everything is in order before takeoff just make sure battery is off until you are ready for startup.Some aircraft come with an APU (AUXILIARY POWER UNIT...i think it stands for)and if that is available you select that before your main startup and that provides you with power until you are ready and again no flat batt probs.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

There's a way to extend the battery that I've found works very well. In the electrical section of the aircraft cfg file each element ahs tree numbers across from it. The second number is the current load; generally I've found it is very high even for relatively low power devices. I've changed the current load on the items that are generally on during the pre-flight like avionics, NAV lights, etc to about .1-.5 amps. check the current values for these devices and then reduce by a factor of 5 - 10. Your current meters on the aircraft will read less draw, but I've been able to do 15-20 minute pre-flights without a battery going dead. Mike

Thanks guys, will try all those settings out and see what happens.Regards,Bill

This works a treat:[electrical]//BusType, MaxAmpLoad, MinVoltage BusTypes:0=MainBus,1=AvionicsBus,2=BatteryBus,3=HotBatteryBus,4-7=Generator/AlternatorBus(1-4)//Amended to extend battery life at startupmax_battery_voltage = 24generator_alternator_voltage = 28max_generator_alternator_amps = 160electric_always_available = 1flap_motor= 0, 1 , 1gear_motor = 0, 1 , 1light_wing = 0, 1 , 1light_logo = 0, 1 , 1autopilot = 0, 5 , 1avionics_bus = 0, 5, 1avionics = 1, 5 , 1pitot_heat= 0, 2 , 1additional_system = 2, 1, 1marker_beacon = 1, 1 , 1gear_warning = 0, 1 , 1fuel_pump = 0, 1 , 1starter1 = 0, 1, 1light_nav = 0, 1 , 1light_beacon = 0, 1 , 1light_landing = 0, 1 , 1light_taxi = 0, 1 , 1light_strobe = 0, 1 , 1light_panel = 0, 1 , 1 ;)