Sign in to follow this  
Guest Svend

Captainsim C-130

Guest Svend

Hi fellow simmers,I do realy need help or some info on issue I got with this AC.1) 5-10 min into flight or just on the ground FS9 and Windows just freezes up with a kind of BIOS sound and not able to shot FS or Windows down without useing the power botton.2) If it does`nt freeze up after 5-10min a Windows error messege pops up ad informs that it have to shotdown FS (we all know that pop up messege). This happen during flight between 10-20min.I have had this product for about 1 - 11/2 year now and have only been able to pull one flight through from ESCK to EKVL in 3rd attempt.Today I did a flightplan from EKVL-EGDL. First attemt it all freezed up after 2min. 2nd attemt 5-10 min into flight Windows error pop up.I use Intel 2.8Mhz, ATI Radeon X1300 256MB, 1GIG Ram and a Creative SB Audigy 2 soundcart and all drivers are up to date.Other addons I use in connection with FS are ActiveSky 6.5, FSglobal Europe and TrackIr. Those addons are used together with AC like PMDG 737 series and 747 Level-D 767 without any problems.I know that im not the only one who have bought this AC (I can se that on the forum :). What I would like to know if there are others with same issues or perhaps even solved it.Please helpSvendI vent through the TS database over at Captainsim without any luck and wrote a few wordt to them and now after 2 day`s still no answer from them.

Guest Svend

Hi again,Please come on guy`s I know there is alot of gurus out there with alot of knowledge.I know for a for a fact now that it`s not a BIOS warning comming out, but a kind of long beeping sound from the speakers as I can turn it down.Keyboard are locked because Caps Lock and Num Lock dont work.Even that you on CptSim site can read that there are problems with Creative SB carts and this product I also discovered that people with Creative carts have a working C-130 it dont add up for me, I simply dont understand it.It`s only this AC out of all others I got in my hangar (and there are quit a few).What CaptSim does in responce is to inform about the issue and ask customers to report if they have same issue and if they dont receive 10 reports it`s dead, absolutly no what so ever support or dialog to figure out or help.Please helpRegardsSvend.

Guest TomOOO

I assume from your subject that this ONLY happens with the C-130plane. It sounds like a driver issue to give such a serious problem. Ifyou get odd sounds on crash it can often be a sound driver. Tryusing dxdiag (use start-> run [dxdiag]), and set your sound accelerationdown to basic. If you only get the problem with the C-130 then itmight be a particular sound file causing problems and giving a driverproblemnext, try disabling the trackIR, does the problem still occur ?Does the problem occur always after a time, or when you do somethinglink lift the undercarriage, or when there is a warning sound. Doesit occur when you fly over a particular scenery.Ie try and track down what particular thing is happening when theproblem occurs. What if you just leave it on auto and do nothing ?tom

Guest over and out

I think I would try to do an uninstall then reinstall on the C-130 since the problem started when you started with this plane. Perhaps a file is corrupt or something?I also have the CS C-130 and it does tax my system, more than for example the PDMG 737NG Or Level-D 767. It has not crashed my system but does drop performance here and there.Try this, drop all of your other settings, such as your scenery details etc to the lowest setting, go to a more remote airport that has less demand such as KRDU, and try the flight as a test. If it flys ok, then you'll know your system is just not powerful enough for that plane. If it crashes, try reinstall, if it still crashes then I have no other suggestions, I'm not a computer guru :)PS, I have the same sound card as you, no problemsGood luck!

Guest Svend

Hi JSC and Tom,Thx for reply both of you im greatfull.I did the dxdiag thing without any luck a.o.Suddenly something came to my mind "onboard SoundMax" sound cart.Vent out and found my motherboard and installed latest driver for that one and made it the standard soundcart in windows.Vent for a flight test from EKVL-EGDL with no crash but jumping framerates 18-28 up and down with no activesky just fair weather and TrackIr.The whole flight was auto like all other flights where and I think it`s a sound issue - maby I should look for some alternative sounds fills here on Avsim and test it.My FS sound quality are on low (im happy if the AC can pull a flight through, lol), dont have anything against low sound quality if thats the only way.I will also check on Cptsim website to se if there are any news on the SP2 from time to time (this AC is 2 years old).Again thx both of you for your advice.RegardsSvend.