Sign in to follow this  
Guest tkrajcar

NVidia texture flicker in 2D panel only?

Guest tkrajcar

For some reason, recently I've been getting a problem where in 2d panel mode only, I get split=second flicker to another texture (say, the 3d cockpit view) then it flickers back.Very odd. Any ideas?XP SP2AMD x64 4200 dual-core processorGeForce 7600 GS 512mb, driver version 6.14.11.6218 (forceware 162.18)A few weeks ago, I installed NHancer to make AA work, using the following settings: AA Combined 8xs (also tried multisampling 4x) w/ gamma correction, antistropic 8x, texture filtering high quality, trilinear optimization on, aniso. sample optimization off, negative LOD BIAS clamped, all other options defaults.FS is windowed, locked at 30 fps, render to texture on, T&L on, AA off, filtering bilinear, MIP 4, lights 8, texture massive.I get great performance, just this flickering issue.

I saw this once or twice yesterday, but since it was so brief and so rare, I didn't really pay attention -- the way things are going lately there are so many places for a computer (and I fly with TWO!) running a complex program like FS9 to screw up, a flash lasting 1/10th of a second is the least of my concerns! :-)FYI, I have the same video card as you and just updated my drivers late Saturday night from the 7x version that came on the install CD to the latest from the nVidia site, and then installed and configured nhancer to address the AA and AF issues and was very satisfied with the result -- my sim is a lot sharper now and runs faster too.But you're not alone and you're right - it *is* weird.Smooth skies!Chuck B.

Hi,Remove RenderToTexture and try again.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest tkrajcar

>Hi,>>Remove RenderToTexture and try again.No effect. :(

Guest tkrajcar

Well folks I figured this one out...Turns out my stick hat was "twitching" to the upper left position and that was causing the view to instantaneously switch into the 'front-left' view and then switch back. Nothing to do with the video.Thanks for the suggestions.