Sign in to follow this  
Guest kingairvols

Un-install?

Guest kingairvols

I am trying to uninstall FS9 in order to re-install from scratch in order to eliminate a number of issues.My problem now is that I have uninstalled with the disk #1 and also went into add/remove programs for FSG, UT USA and BVU. I noticed that some files still exsisted in C drive programs MS games fs9 plus some other folders scattered around. Is there a program that will get rid of any folder that still exsist that is part of the fs9 family. Just to note I have a second hard drive (F) were FSX is installed along with some limited add ons.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Guest RonB49

>Is there a program that will get rid of any folder that still exsist>that is part of the fs9 family.The Delete key on your keyboard. There are always orphans, strays, and leftovers each time I unistall any progam like MSFS where I have made lots of modifications to files and folders. Once you have run all the uninstallers, then the only thing you can do is move the folders and files that are left to the recycle bin. I always wait a few days after a major uninstall before emptying the recycle bin in case I've deleted something important and need to recover it.Many good uninstall progarams tell you to delete leftover files/folders when they finish their work; most don't.R-

Guest kingairvols

R- thanks.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Guest Mike_Luchia

It's important to remember, that uninstalling FS doesn't uninstall the FS9.cfg file, which is where the majority of users problems lie in the first place. If you want to start fresh then be sure to delete the fs9.cfg file also.When I am having problems, what I usually do is rename the fs9.cfg file to something like fs9.cfg.old then restart FS and let a new config file be built.Doing this, I have never had to uninstall and re-install FS to fix any problems.

Guest kingairvols

Mike I did a search in my C drive where FS9 has been (my F: drive (local hard drive #2 for me) is where I am trying to install FSX and all the add on's ect.The search came up empty. I cant be specific to the point but tell you I went into my C drive (where FS9 was) and deleted any fs9 file I could find checked in common files ect.. I wonder if I am OK to re-install FS9 in the C drive. Just to note I named a desk top folder "FLSIM9" and placed alot of add on Commercial and the great free ware add ons avalible here in this folder to allow me an easy way to re-build FS9 (I hope) in a speedy fashion. Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

Guest Mike_Luchia

C:Documents and SettingsUser nameApplication DateMicrosoftFS9 This is a hidden file and folder by default. In Windows Explorer go to ToolsFolder OptionsView and scroll down to Hidden Files and folders and check the box for Show Hidden Files and Folders then you should be able to find your FS9.cfg file.

Guest kingairvols

I appreciate the help Mike.Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel